Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oh what a night  (Read 3061 times)

Yammy1

Oh what a night
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:56:39 AM »

Hi all just wondering since Im not on hrt what can help with flushes, i thiught I was going to die last night it was so bad. My hair was soaked and I tossed and turned all night. I am almost five years post hysterectomy (53 now) and these bloody flushes seem to be getting out of control. I also get a strange feeling like a shock inside before a flush, is this normal?. I'm really fighting with this meno and doing my best to overcome anxiety but flushes are causing lack of sleep and mood swings I feel so angry, also my skin is soooo dry. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Salad

Re: Oh what a night
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 07:12:40 AM »

Oh Yammy1 it sounds horrendous  :(

The one thing I've never had (touch wood) is a hot flush but I had a friend who not only had what you describe but would also vomit at the end of it all. Her worse times were in the day delivering presentations as a Manager at a company and she would have to leave the room.

I know some people tolerate this but have you considered HRT? It can be a life changer  :foryou:

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 07:23:03 AM »

thank you salad, I have tried  hrt three times now and doc reckons it's not for me. When I take it my anxiety goes off the scale, I'm also getting headaches lately which is unusual for me, not sure if I'm dehydrating or its hormonal. I just wish it would all end and I could get back to some sort of normality  :P

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time, it's miserable menopause isn't it!
When you tried HRT, what did you try? And for how long?

I still have a uterus so. Have to have profestigen. But I use oestrogel 2 pumps a day, it's very easy to adapt the rise, I suffered horrendous anxiety before starting HRT, I started off using just one pump a day for the first six weeks then upped it to 1.5, I now use two pumps and can honestly say I feel so much more like my old self, no hot flushes, a general feeling of calmness, and brain fog, although not completely gone, so much better.

It might be a case of finding the right HRT at the right dose, don't hit it too strong too soon xx

DaisyB

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »

Hi Yammy sorry to hear you're having such a dreadful time of it. I have no experience of hysterectomy- but since you are unable to tolerate HRT - you could try red peony - for flushes only. Google it (or search on this site) I've posted about it before. Worked a treat very quickly - I've also started working remotely with Claire Snowdon Darling - she focuses on diet and supplements (my anxiety and panic attacks were one of the worst symptoms) - I have to say that I was really happy with her sound advice and knowledge of how eating correctly and smartly can be of so much benefit to us at this stage in our lives. Hoping things settle quickly for you x

Yammy1

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

Thank you all so much, I will definitely try contact tempest and see what she thinks.I have a fear of hrt now as anxiety got so bad with it. I will also have a chat with doc I've only tried estradot (different strenght's) she never mentioned pumps. I don't know much about them and how they work but worth asking doc. and the heat is definitely not helping  :sunny:.

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »

Yammy1, there is no way anyone should ever have to put up with symptoms like that.  Because you have had a hysterectomy and are not lumbered with the dreaded progestrerone, HRT should be more straightforward. 

Definitely try Oestrogel (oestrogen gel you rub on your skin) and split the dose by 12 hours to keep your oestrogen levels stable.  You could start on 1 pump every 12 hours and work up if necessary.  The key to the success of HRT is getting the right level of oestrogen into your blood stream and if you get it wrong or it's too low, it can lead to anxiety and all sort of other problems.  Please give Oestrogel, it is very flexible and you should find the right dose quite quickly. 

If all else fails, you could look into oestrogen implants.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »

:bighug:

Chillo pillows?  Open windows?  How is your diet over-all ......... a towel and wet flannel by the bed?  If you are awake you can use those. 

Yammy1

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »

Thank you will talk to doc at next visit about pump. And dear hubby will have to freeze tonight if Im The same  :lol:. No spare room so he's stuck with me and my nemo

Ljp

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »

It's called estrogel Yammy
Any new regime needs to be given 3 months trial to give you system time to adjust x

Yammy1

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »

thanks ljp,

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »

Single duvet for your husband then ;-)