Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Poo thread......sorry if TMI!  (Read 9272 times)

Mbrown001

Re: Poo thread......sorry if TMI!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »

I don't think it's that unusual at all especially if you have had a bit of an upset tummy. Things are inclined to move through faster....hence more visible bits.

We should all look no matter if we want to or not. How would you spot any changes if you are not familiar as to what is normal for you.
In some European countries toilets are designed to make it far easier to see. They have a small shelf then the water below.

Not that I'm a bit obsessed by my bowels  ;D

Mrs Brown

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

In France they have a vault system - one stands over a hole  :o  :-X

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »

Not many of those left now CLKD, mainly on isolated rural motorway stops. My kids used to refuse point blank to use them and I'd rather wait until we reach a proper motorway service stop. Darn nasty they are!

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 03:16:33 PM »

when I was in France when I was 14 I used a bush rather than the hole in the ground (for a wee that is so I guess that doesn't count in this thread)  :)

I always check as I turn round to press the flush button  ::).

My 5 weeks of mysterious chronic constipation seems to be clearing up since I increased my thyroid meds a tad on the advice of my endo.  Only an extra 50mcg a week but it seems to be helping, I am not feeling so sluggish and cold either  :)

Real constipation is the pits, I wouldn't wish it on the person I like least in the whole world  >:(

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »

As I said.....please check.

I think it was Taz who posted the poo chart.....what's good and what's not.

How do you figure outs what's normal if you don't look.

My BIL lives in Bonn. He visited us a couple of years ago. He had had bowel polyps removed. He was so open about it. Hubby cringed regularly as he thought it was TMI. My SIL explained how open the Germans are with this kind of thing. They have lived in Germany for nearly 30 years.
Although I was not happy with the detail I admired the honesty and lack of embarrassment.

Maybe us Brits need to think and talk about this kind of thing more openly.

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »

On the whole brits over a certain age aren't comfortable talking about any bodily functions.  We were brought up by parents who were raised  not to talk about such things.  Our children and grandchildren seem less inhibited.  I make my daughter listen to my meno tales and bowel advice as she has IBS herself. Hopefully she will be less clueless than I have been as a result of my repressed childhood where I was smacked for saying 'poo'. Our daughter in law has Crohn's disease quite badly so our grandchildren have grown up with poo and bowel issues being spoken of openly.

getting_old

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »

I've always found it interesting that vomiting can be discussed quite openly yet anything related to poo / bowels is taboo unless you're a dog owner! Then poo becomes a widely discussed subject.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 10:07:28 PM »

...... doesn't it just - like checking a baby's nappy, checking the morning dog poo became routine: it told me exactly how her health was!

Justjules

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

True  ;D

Seems to have settled a bit today phew....achey back and tummy low down but think it's stress-related and the wrong food...

Ju Ju

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 11:06:20 AM »

I'm having to keep poo chart, showing date, time, consistency according to the Bristol stool chart, etc. Makes interesting reading, not.  ;D

Actually we should talk more about bowel issues. Then we would have a better idea of what is ok and when to seek advice.

And when you have any bowel condition it helps to know you are not alone. I haven't had a lot of support during the 50 years of IBS, partly because not enough is known and because it isn't sinister. The best support is from fellow sufferers. In latter years I have been upfront with my family about what is going on and if it affects my activities outside of home I feel I can say I have IBS issues. There is greater understanding now and I feel I don't have to hide it or feel I am being judged. (My mum used to insist I was emotionally unstable. My problem not caused by her of course.)

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »

Good result this morning: 10 min.s later I felt really sick and dizzy for 10 mins.,  :-\ now I've eaten lunch and am resting in front of the TV.

Kathleen

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 07:45:25 PM »

Hello ladies.

Simply had to add that if you embark on a plant based diet as I have you'll be pooping for England lol!

Take care all.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 09:25:36 PM »

I opened my bowels 3 times in 40 min.s yesterday and felt Oh So Ill ........ I will never eat fruit again  :-\

Today I felt better >phew< ......... so maybe I'll pop some peas tomorrow ;-)

Mbrown001

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »

Maybe just eat a bit less CLKD.

Fruit is so good for you.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 09:35:06 PM »

Eat less fruit or eat less  ;D - how can it be 'good' for me if it sent me to the loo and then I felt so ill  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4