Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie advice please re AD & HRT  (Read 1302 times)

Jean50

Newbie advice please re AD & HRT
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »

Morning ladies any advice appreciated. :). I'm am 50 started on Femoston 1/10 7 weeks ago. I am peri went to Dr 8 weeks ago so tearful, low mood, anxiety(always been a worrier but never felt like this) no sex drive dryness, get hot at night occasional but not flashes or sweats. Periods coming closer together and lighter but never missed one. I felt fine on first month but the last 2 weeks feel low and anxious most days, sex drive not improved, I know it is early days and they say good 3 months but the low mood and morning anxiety is draining me , any advice on taking anything herbal or AD to help with this, should I give it three months then change HRT? I seem to get along with Femoston, anybody gone on 2-10 and felt better ? I am due my first grand baby in January and don't want to be in this low mood, just a thought my mood lifts later in the afternoon. Xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie advice please re AD & HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM
It is early days - you do need to give things more time to settle. As you are peri your own fluctuations in hormones will be effecting things so it will take time for the HRT to iron this out. I think it is a mistake to believe a higher dose will help, particularly in the per meno stage. HRT can only do so much, low mood and anxiety aren't always controlled by HRT alone. Do try looking at life style eg diet and exercise. Do you take plenty of exercise? Dance classes or lots of brisk walking can be great for lifting mood. Getting enough vitamin D and omega 3 oils are also crucial to lift mood - try eating small amounts often to avoid blood sugar drops. I practise Mindful Meditation a lot which can be very helpful. Before rushing to ADs I would try the more natural solutions first. ADs/SRRIs can I'm welcome bring side effects. Femoston is a good HRT - just persevere and in the next 3-6 months you may well find you feel much better - don't rush to find a quick fix that may make things worse.  DG x

Jean50

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »

Morning dancing girl. Thank you for replying, yes I thinking I am trying to run before I can walk. I have changed my diet completely, cut out caffeine and Wine. I have lost 21lb some due to worry & anxiety but the rest due to now attending the gym 4 times a week, I have reduced my cholesterol from 6.1 to 5.0, I have got my BMI from 30 to 26( 5ft 2ins was 12stone now 10 1/2 stone). Please can I ask can I just take vitD and omega or do I need blood test first? I was taking Vitb complex but before I went on HRT bloods showed Iron was high, Dr asked if I take multivitamin when I said VitB he said to stop it but I was told this was good for low mood. Sorry to go on this is a mind field for me and unfortunately no sisters or mother to ask xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »

Unusual to have high iron!!!! Bravo for doing all your lifestyle changes - sounds great. You can certainly take Vit D and Omega 3 without asking the doctor, just don't go bonkers with doses - many of us are low in these things even if we do have fish 2-3 times a week. B12 is another good one to take.  Just avoid extra ‘iron' supplements if your diet is rich in iron.

It's such a shame that we are not prepared for this time in our lives, it comes as a shock for many - puberty gets plenty of preparation these days but not the menopause.

Give it time to allow all your strategies to take effect.

Keep posting - we are here to support each other.
Dg x