Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Changing from utrogestan to provera advice please  (Read 20624 times)

Peacegirl

Re: Changing from utrogestan to provera advice please
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »

Shortie,

Any way to squeeze half of it out and then take the rest the following day?

The Wiley protocol doesn't seem to give any ndicwtion of how much to take, just that it mirrors a natural cycle. I don't think it's cream

I've tried that too Katia but got in a pickle as it's obviously not accurate. I've even tried to freeze them and then cut in half but the oil doesn't freeze only the shell. I've exhausted every possible option and now given up. I started on evorel sequi a few days ago as I was gone on them some years ago but the E wasn't enough so this time round I'm topping up with half to 1 pump of gel as necessary. I really don't care if it's not licensed, I need prog and I can't take the licensed dose without getting ill so I'll take it in an appropriate dose for me. So far, so good. Feel a bit sedated but nothing like the utro. Thanks for all your suggestions and I hope you're finding some balance with your prog.

Sx

I have to admire your (and all other women's) ingenuity! Yet all we really want to do is have reasonable quality of life. I mean we're not asking for perfect are we? Just to be able to do what an average person our age can do. Seriously it's like having a chronic illness rather than being a so-called 'stage of life'.  I feel like I've turned into a junkie as I too have been thinking ahead to worst case scenario where I have to go back to the femoston (where the progesterone didn't hurt me) and then get hold of some illicit estrogel to top up the 'e' :o  Anyway I'm not there yet - still trialling Provera - can't remember if you said you'd tried Provera? (I used femoston topped up with quarter of an evorel patch and that was great. I can tell when too much 'e' as I get awful insomnia.

Hurdity

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »

We need dydrogesterone back on the market in the UK as a separate progestogen!!!!!!

I wonder if the top gynaes are putting pressure on big pharma to bring it back to this country since research also seems to be showing (according to the BMS last week) that it is the least risky re breast cancer of all the synthetic progestogens so there is a moral obligation there.

Despite my nil-by-mouth approach to HRT if dydrogesterone was available I would be tempted to use this in place of the utrogestan to avoid the two weeks of excess fatigue every 2 months.

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »

I have an appointment with the consultant next week.  I will ask if it is in the pipeline.  I read Gestodene is and also the progestegen that's in Yasmin.  I can't remember the name.  They are both 3rd generation ones.  It didn't say whether they would be stand alone though.  I'm not doing too badly on utrogestan this week.  Last week it gave me terrible insomnia, this week I'm struggling to get up and could sleep for England.  It seems inconsistent which may be my own hormones.  I'm going to have a 3 day break, then go back on it for a few days and see before seeing the consultant again.  The temptation to go back on Femodene is still there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]