Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: On and Off  (Read 1740 times)

Anna B

On and Off
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »

Hi everyone. I was inspired by the care and kindness shared among everyone on this forum and joined yesterday. This is my first ever post anywhere - had to look up how to do it - and I am pretty sure it'll disappear into the ether ! I came off low dose combined HRT 5 months ago, having been on it about five years, since I was 53. HRT was wonderful for me. I was freed from flushes, night sweats, a real dip in my confidence,forgetfulness, poor sleep. Flushes and sweats are on the way back again, along with joint pains (??) and irritability which I haven't been prone to. Wondering about going back on HRT. If anyone has advice either way, I would be grateful to have it.

cubagirl

Re: On and Off
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »

:welcomemm:

No mistakes so far, well done! This is first forum I ever joined too.

I took a break for a while back, oestrogen only, I couldn't cope & back on again on very low dose, but keeps flushes & sweats at bay most of the time.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:28:17 PM by cubagirl »

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:15:59 PM »

Hi AnnaB

:welcomemm: Glad to have you with us! Your post has been read loud and clear and not disappeared - well done :)

Sorry to hear about your return of symptoms - but why stop HRT? Whoever suggested you should stop is outdated in their view - the advice is now that if you continue to experience symptoms then the benefits outweigh the risks and especially up until aged 60. Even beyond this doctors are now recommending women can continue provided there are no medical reasons why not.

What type were you using?

Please do go back to your doc and ask for some more ( unless you have health reason not to)

Hurdity x

snap - cubagirl - almost to the second!

Tapnut45

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »

Hi Anna, I'm finding the thoughtfulness of people on this forum is so lovely. And people know what they are talking about too, I appreciate the links to articles and things to read up on.
Hope you have a good chat with your doc and agree a best way forward for you.  :)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »

Hello Annab ( it's not anna banana is it? )
Crickey- if you've not got any problems with it, keep going. No reason not to if it makes you feel better!
Read the Nice guidelines and you can refer back to them if you've got an outdated GP.
 :welcomemm:

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »

Hello  Anna B and Tapnut45 and welcome to the forum ladies.

One of the many wonderful things I've discovered about MM is that no matter what decisions you make or indeed how many, there is always plenty of friendly support and wise words!

You have both come to the right place. Good luck and keep posting.

K.