Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Need some help please  (Read 1180 times)

Janelee

• First Flush
Need some help please
« on: May 10, 2021, 10:29:50 AM »

Hi I’m new here and really need some advice . I’m on Evorel 50 and 5mg utlovan I was taking the tablet every day until my doctor told me this was wrong and should only be on certain weeks. So we agreed a reset so stopped the tablet to wait for my period and just using patches. But Iv had no period it’s been 2 months since I stopped the tablet to wait for the period to restart. I’m definitely not pregnant. Should I take the tablet anyway as I know they protect the womb

Taz2

Re: Need some help please
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:50:11 AM »

Hi Janelee. Can you tell us how old you are, how long you've been using this HRT regime and what your periods were doing before you started it?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 11:28:06 AM »

Hi!  MayB put the product names into the search box on the Forum, sometimes threads pop up. 

Ask away, nothing is 'unknown' here nor too much info.!

Janelee

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 04:16:32 AM »

Hi Clkd & taz thank you so much for reply please bear with me as iv never used a forum before . Around 1 1/2 years ago I started Evorel sequi patch I’m 49 . I was having normal periods and really liked the patch but it became out of stock. One year ago I swapped to the Evorel 50 and the utlovan tablet but was unaware it
 to be taken everyday. Two months ago when I found ou t my doctor said stop taking the tablet and wait for my period to start again. But it hasn’t arrived. I have clips on tubes so not pregnant and iv always been regular until taking these. I also wasn’t menopausal my doctor agreed it was ok to get into my system. Should I restart the tab ? It protects womb? Thank you allX

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:45:14 AM »

I don't think you should restart the tablet without advice from your doctor. I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much   ;D) as I'm not sure whether you were supposed to be taking the utlovan every day? You are right that it protects the womb but at your stage of Meno you should be taking it for some of the month and when you stop then you should have a withdrawal bleed. Evorel sequi suited you and are now back in stock so why not ask to be put back on that one. As you haven't had a bleed it would be worth asking your doctor for a referral for a scan of your womb lining just to check that it is ok.

Taz x

Janelee

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:46:40 PM »

Thank you yes the combined patches were out of stock for ages

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »

Let us know how you get on?