Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Starting HRT 😱😱  (Read 1059 times)

Nannerz

• First Flush
Starting HRT 😱😱
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »

Finally after a couple of years of feeling like I've been having nervous breakdowns, a doctor has finally taken me seriously, and agreed to start me on HRT.  So this evening I popped to the pharmacy picked up my meds, and am now sat with it in front of me 🤔.  I've been put on Sandrena estradiol 1g gel.  Firstly has anyone else ever used this ? And if so how have you got on ?
Secondly, why do I feel scared 💩less now I have it (possibly because like an idiot I read all the side effects) 🤦‍♀️
Thirdly, anyone have a delorean and a flux capacitor so I can go back to my 37th year  when I was slim, funny, intelligent, my hair didnt look like a birds nest and my body didn't creak and groan everytime I moved 😂😂😂.
Anyway, tomorrow morning I shall be starting it, once my OH has gone to work,  because if I hear him say if he puts it on my inner thigh I can think of it as foreplay once more I think I shall kill him 😂😂.
Please wish me luck 🍀

NicolaJ

Re: Starting HRT 😱😱
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 06:19:10 PM »

Hi and welcome. Welcome to day one of your HRT journey. I can’t help you with the Sandrena as I am on Evorel Sequi but wanted to say you’ve come to the right place to ask questions. I have tried three different HRT regimes so see how you go but don’t be disheartened if this isn’t the right route. There are other things you can try and you must go back to your GP. It’s all a bit of trial and error.

I’m very conscious of my appearance and weight too. I have had more success on patches rather than tablets for the weight. I also started running which helps enormously too. I can’t eat portion size what I used to do controlling what I eat is another factor in keeping my size in check.

Good luck 🤞

Ellie2

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »

We´re in the same boat, almost... I started 2 weeks ago
I use Lenzetto spray and will take Utrogestan for 12 days.Must admit I was really scared myself when I started, but that's been peri for me... Nervous, scared, jumpy. Not my usual self at all.

I started with 1 spray and upped to 2 after 10 days.
After the first dose I got a wonderful feeling of relaxation. My body felt calm and my (always) upset stomach calmed down and flattened. I couldn't believe it! That relaxing feeling has stayed with me and after 2 weeks I have so much more energy, better skin, better stamina.

I have been lucky when it comes to side effects. I was dead tired the first week but without being able to sleep well (my sleep was already shot and got worse....). Then I got sore breast and that is still not resolved. I had pangs of anxiety and a couple of very bad evenings I felt really unbalanced.

But now it seems to even out and I have started to sleep better and feel stable.

It was so strange -  the very first week. After a couple of days I felt almost like a craving for the estrogen spray; like I couldn't wait for the next dose. It was like my body was thirsting for it!

I hope your journey will be good :)

Nannerz

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 10:18:47 AM »

Thank you,

No one really prepares you for this part of lifes journey.  Think I may be on here all the time gaining knowledge.  I suppose who better to learn from than other ladies who are going through the same thing ❤