Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Facial skin changes  (Read 6154 times)

babyjane

Re: Facial skin changes
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »

thank you both, I totally agree  :)

Cassie

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 01:16:25 PM »

Tovahfell I have also been using the Retin A to try and improve skin elasticity, collaged building etc, but I was told by a salon that one should only use it for 5 mths then take a break as, in the consultants own words, the skin gets "lazy" and stops producing the good stuff....have you found this at all? I was told to break off it for at least 3 mths every 5 to 6 mths or else to go onto Retinol which one can use indefinitely.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 03:21:07 PM »

I think that skin nourishment starts from what we eat!  Lots of fruit and veg., plenty of VitD but not to the extent of getting burnt, however as oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax which includes collegen  ::)

Sadie49

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 09:38:05 AM »

Ladies, thank you SO much for your input and kind advice. I have now got round to reading them all and there is a life-time worth of advice for me to consider - thank you again!

I have always had good skin but over the past 10 years - so 57-67 it has become as one of the ladies said more like a fine cheese grater! I used to use Simple Cleanser and a good moisture cream but now these are not enough.

The funny thing is you can't SEE the rough skin only feel it when I cleanse!! Aveeno is too thick and sticky for me and I wouldn't touch steroid cream but I will def. try out some of the other's mentioned.

Lines I have accepted as part of my life's history but rough skin...well that's not playing fair is it girls!!!

Love you all!

Sadie xxx 8)

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »

Hi Sadie49

You mentioned hormone creams - I don't use these but have been on HRT for 10 years - now aged 64 and although I don't use it for that reason, I do think it has helped keep my skin soft  and fairly wrinkle free ( although a bit of sagging). I hadn't really thought about it until I read your post and thought it was more down to genetics and skin type (mine tans easily) but I think oestrogen probably does help. Not that I would advocate taking it for that reason at all! I still do use skin creams - for me it's No 7 - but my skin is now less dry than it was in my youth.

I can understand your frustration! However if you can't see it - then chances are that no-one else can! We always have to make the best of ourselves whatever nature throws at us!

Have you tried pure olive oil - I often put this on my skin when the sun's out - (rather than sun cream) and I am sure it will add a lot of much needed softening moisture to your face (might make the sheets a bit greasy though  ::) ).

Hurdity x

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 04:16:59 PM »

My son used to use olive oil as he is a sun worshipper.  When he consulted his doctor about a mole he was not happy about he was told it is very foolish to go out in the sun with no protection and olive oil on his skin.  He was literally frying his skin.  Now he uses SPF 15 - 20 and still tans beautifully.  I think it was a wake up call for him.

Mbrown001

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »

In the summer I always but always use sun block on my face. The sun on your face is so very aging.  Over tanning also causes lines and sagging. You see women who are obvious sun worshippers.....the ones that wear little vests and short shorts ....and their faces are not wearing well. Not a great look. The best tan....is seemingly no tan at all if we don't want to look more than our age. I've become very aware of that in recent years and try for the very lightly tanned look. Not difficult in my part of the world  ;D.

Yes we need some unprotected time in the sun for Vit D ....but not the face I would say.

As for using hydrocortisone creams. I've had contact dermatitis on my hands since childhood. They gave out the cortisone cream like sweets then. Consequently the skin on my hands is very fragile and cuts easily. Never use it on you face as it bleaches the skin.

After my daughters extreme allergic reaction to a skin cream it's making me read yet more labels and the amount of chemicals we put on our skin on a daily basis is quite frightening.

Mrs Brown

zelda

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 09:09:41 AM »

I started taking Omega 3 about 3 months ago and I have noticed an improvement in my skin in that it appears plumper and smoother. I take 2 x 1000mg tablets per day.
Pages: 1 [2]