Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Loneliness  (Read 4405 times)

Lizab

Re: Loneliness
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 08:44:52 PM »

Me too CLKD! That's partly how I knew this is different. Following the obvious advice of get out and be around people hasn't cut it for me. Being in a crowd of strangers or even a crowd of friends and feeling kind of detached from everyone, it's unsettling. I really appreciate you ladies helping me work through this. I have seen and tried lots of advice on this forum over different matter, some with success and others not. In this case I have a really positive feeling that you all have set me back on course. Thank you!

littleminnie

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »

Hi Lizab, could you not change how you do things. For example, don't do any chores in the evening or at the weekends.  Do housework, gardening etc when you are at home alone.  Put the radio on and potter around doing housework, ironing, online shopping etc.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »

Mum said yesterday that she doesn't like the empty house all around her  :-\ - I asked what she would prefer to do but she buttoned up  ::) - that's a no to the 'care' home then  ;).  She has her garden, a cleaner comes in on a Monday, she has Clubs on Tuesday and Thursday, hair done on Wed. morning and a friend to go to lunch with on a Friday.  I think it's evenings that drag for her.  I think she needs to be needed if that makes sense?
Pages: 1 [2]