Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: post menopause bleeding information please ?  (Read 1794 times)

elainewin

post menopause bleeding information please ?
« on: August 07, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »

Hi everyone .just wondered what the treatment for menopause bleeding is ,I am 56 yrs old and i had not had a period for 14ths ,then out of the blue, I reported it to my Dr who referred me to the hospital where I had a procedure ,called a gynoscopy .where they found the cervix lining hanging down ( ACTUALLY dONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS). and a polyp ,which I am due to have an operation on the 18/08/2017 to remove it .   
What I wanted to know will this operation solve my bleeding problem, or just help them determine next step ,nobody tells you anything ,just wondered if any on else has had similar thing and what experiences did you have ?.

Ewin x

Woodlands

Re: post menopause bleeding information please ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »

Hi there.
I have had x2 post meno bleeding had uterine biopsies both times.
I have not heard of your proceedure but you can call GP and ask your doc to call you to explain it all.
Hope it helps
Woodlands x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »

I'm not sure what was meant by your cervix lining hanging down but the polyp which they will remove may well be the cause of your bleeding. The good thing is that they obviously found your womb lining healthy with no sign of anything sinister going on which may have caused the bleeding. Well done on getting it checked out.

I agree with Woodlands that you should contact your GP for an explanation as to what has actually happened to your cervix.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

Hi elainewin

You didn't mention if you were on HRT or not? Sometimes this can cause unusual bleeding too as it did for me, when I had to have a hysteroscopy and biopsy. In my case they found a cervical ectropion ( no treatment needed) and a small fibroid which was also left and has since shrunk - and I've had no more abnormal bleeding/spotting.

Try not to worry and hopefully all will be OK after your op.

Hurdity x

elainewin

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 03:25:59 PM »

Thanks ladies for the reply, Its possible she means prolapse only thing I googled that makes sense of what she said ,I did phone Drs and they dont seem to have had back biopsy results so far ,
I also have a pre op assessment this coming Friday at the hospital so I guess I can ask questions then.
Thanks for your comments as always means a lot to feel your not on your own . x