Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2245 times)

dolphin63

« on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:47 AM »

Hi everyone,

Was told about this site yesterday by my gp when I went to pick up blood test results.  Great to have found this forum too.  Anyone else experiencing hot flushes combined with cold feet? its weird. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »

:welcomemm:

Are your feet cold?  Mine feel cold but I am assured by Himself that they are warm enough  ::)

Browse round.  Make notes.  Tell us more about yourself, i.e. age, last monthly period etc.. 

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:02:19 PM »

Hi dolphin63

:welcomemm:

I think someone posted about this recently? Do tell us a bit more about yourself and where you are in menopause, what your periods are doing or anything really!

Re the cold feet - feeling cold is one of the symptoms of underactive thyroid so I presume you have also had tests for this? (Weight gain and fatigue are two more - but also common at menopause too).

Hurdity x

dolphin63

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:14:02 PM »

Hiya,

I  had it confirmed by gp yesterday that all the weird and wonderful (not) symptoms I've been getting are menopause.  Had a gammet of blood tests and all have shown up ok including thyroid, although they want to repeat some of the tests later in the year, as my kidney function is starting to slow down.
 I'm in my 50's and trying to cope with hot flushes, winnie the pooh brain, energy levels which can't make up there mind and frozen feet. I'm coping with a teenage son with aspergers on my own at the moment, family problems, which I won't  go into.  Other half and I are currently living apart but hopefully things will be sorted within the next year or two.
Luckily I've still got my sense of humour   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »

What support do you have from the Autistic Society?

Browse round.  Make notes!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 07:29:42 AM »

Have you started skipping periods yet and is your cycle length variable? If you find it difficult to cope with the menopausal symptoms then have you considered HRT - it is the most effective treatment for flushes and sweats once you have reached peri-menopause/

Let us know if we can help further...

Hurdity x

dolphin63

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »

Not had a period for about 2 years, my main problem is having a Winnie the Pooh brain - if its not written down I forget things.   ???

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 10:41:34 AM »

HRT will help banish hot flushes as well as your brain! Why not give it some thought? Can we help?

Hurdity x