Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which is Meno and which is Me?  (Read 4681 times)

Wrensong

Re: Which is Meno and which is Me?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »

Oh goodness Babyjane, so sorry if you felt I was putting words into your mouth - this certainly wasn't my intention.  I referred to you because I was trying to make a point that the decision whether or not to take HRT is a deeply personal, individual one & compared our two different choices because you had already commented in this thread that you had chosen not to take HRT.  My point, probably clumsily made, was that although we have this one important thing in common that affects our health - the thyroid issue - I respected that your choice about HRT was different to mine & admired you for gritting your teeth & pushing through menopause without it.  Our differences in this respect seemed representative of the point I was trying to make to Sooby, about everyone not only having the right to choose for themselves but that this seems to me important for our own peace of mind.  We need to be comfortable with what WE choose for ourselves. 

It is easy to be evangelical about HRT if it has changed your life and you know others are suffering - you naturally want them to know that this option might really help them & I applaud those on the forum who selflessly share their own experiences to help educate, support and reassure others, whether in promotion of HRT or in the many other ways ladies help each other here.  On the other hand, it is also easy to unwittingly pressurise a vulnerable person into a decision they may not be ready to take, or that might not be right for them & I am always aware of this possibility for harm & indeed afraid of it.

You are right that we are not the only forum members with a thyroid condition, but I think we have perhaps been the most vocal about this recently.  I really am sorry if I caused you any discomfort - you were so kind to me when I first joined MM & I would hate to have put my huge great foot in it with someone whose posts I read with interest and respect -  especially as I have feared doing just this ever since joining MM.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »

'selective' - like it! 

The written word is static  ::) and I often don't fill out what I exactly mean ......

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »

no harm done, lets move on now  :)
Pages: 1 [2]