Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bleeding and bleeding and more bleeding  (Read 6324 times)

Claireylou

Re: Bleeding and bleeding and more bleeding
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 07:31:52 PM »

Gosh you poor thing  :(

It's great to hear you've stopped bleeding but it sounds like you had a tough time at your appointment.

I paid for an ultrasound and tv scan which showed up my problems. My options were another hysteroscopy or hysterectomy.

You need to be kind to yourself, take time to rest and think. Go with your gut feelings. I'm here if you need to talk xxx

TallulahsMom

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 07:54:56 AM »

Clairylou thank you you are right that what I need is to rest and think xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »

You're very welcome. Just take your time. I wrote a list of pros and cons with a hysterectomy and the same for other available treatments. It helped me to put it all down on paper, I was able to think more clearly and come to my decision.

Wishing you well xxx  :foryou:

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »

Well I am surprised that they said you would bleed - but perhaps in your particular case as you have a thickened lining? I had a slightly thickened lining for post-meno and was not told anything about bleeding and nor did I - after hysteroscopy! Anyway the hystersocopy would check whether, as you say, there are any abnormalities present like fibroids or polyps, so stopping bleeding isn't actually going to tell them that, and as you also say, you have been taking progestogens and other medication to stop the bleeding - but the ongoing cause should still be investigated!

Did you see what I said in my post about an ablation? This is another option for some women.

Also if it was a choice of hysterectomy or Mirena (to control bleeding) then I would definitely go for the latter,  at least  at first, synthetic progestogens or not - as hysterectomy is irreversible and not without its potential long term issues.

Hurdity x

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 04:09:29 PM »

Hurdity I understand that hysterectomy is irreversible and causes long term problems but for some there is no other choice  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »

Yes of course - but I wasn't talking about women who don't have a choice - I was talking about choice between Mirena and hysterectomy if there was a choice, and specifically about TalullahsMom's situation! And as I said there appears to be another option - an ablation - which I was pointing out to TalullahsMom.

Hurdity x

TallulahsMom

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Yes my lining was 23mm at my last scan in November so I thought we were going to start by scanning to reassess whether the progesterone has thinned it, and see whether any fibroids or polyps are showing up as so far I have a perfectly normally shaped normal size uterus with no polyps or fibroids. I think they are being cancer careful and that's a good thing I know, but for me, this is the only solid break in bleeding in the last 8 weeks and I had only had a 2 week break before that after a 12 week bleed. I think my iron being so low and my hormones so out of whack is what is making me irrational, and I know I am being. If she had said you might bleed a little or no you won't bleed I would have been in that chair but I think she thought I was bothered about it being painful. Not bothered about that - I was offered it under GA but lots of women on here have said it was okay so I just wanted it done 2 weeks ago if the letter had got there when it should have and I was bleeding past myself or even in December when the GP forgot to send the letter  :-\

I know Mirena is wonderful for loads of women that want to try it but I have a prolapse already, and react badly to a lot of medication so the idea of having a coil in that I can't take out myself if I am not comfortable with it is not something I want. Yes I have looked into the ablation but for a lot of women who have continual bleeding at my age it can come back or doesn't work. I personally think I have a hormone imbalance due to perimenopause and I have a very stressful life. Unfortunately the stress cannot go away and I am really struggling to cope with day to day activities which makes me more stressed and I am in a vicious cycle.

Anyway I have booked a TV scan for next Saturday so will see how that goes and hopefully my 10 days of iron and fingers crossed no bleeding will make me more rational. I would settle for a D&C at this point in time if it was offered. xx

Claireylou

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »

Good luck for tomorrow TallulahsMom, I hope the scan can give you some answers and put you on the path to making your decisions.

Let us know how you get on xxx  :foryou:
Pages: 1 [2]