Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anxiety Levels high!!!  (Read 8078 times)

Yammy1

Re: Anxiety Levels high!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »

Well bit the bullet this morning and went to doc, she examined my head where I bumped, did some balance tests and took blood pressure, she is happy enough that I didn't do major damage when I fell. She said I have fluid in my right ear (which I get a lot)and that's probably causing the dizziness  and prescribed stemitil for vertigo. Hopefully this will help me calm down a bit

Rosanna

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 10:31:01 PM »

Original poster, I'm really struggling with anxiety at the moment, but mine is about my palpitations.  I saw my dad die of a heart attack so it's a difficult issue for me....

but the anxiety must be hormonal because it's been very sudden in the last 8 weeks, along with a chaotic cycle and burning face (my dad died 8 years ago).

A few people have mentioned Rescue Remedy and I think it's debated whether it works, but it honestly has been my experience that it really helps with anxiety.  It's got something in it called Rock Rose which is apparently good for terror.  It's been helping me, there must be something in it.

Rosanna

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 10:35:24 PM »

Yammy1......stemetil is wonderful, lol.  I have had a lifelong vomit phobia and my doctor allows me to carry stemetil at all times, he knows I won't abuse it.  But it works.  It's also good for dizziness as you know and it really calms you down when you're having a hard time.  That's my experience anyway.  :-)  I usually break mine in half though and try that first, because of course it's still a drug and I might not need all of it.  Hope you feel better soon  :-)

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »

Thanks Girls for the replies to my post, I've an appointment with my Doctor this afternoon regarding anxiety levels and I'm going to ask him for something to get me through this. I just need something to ease the anxiety and hopefully get me through the emotional and difficult times ahead.  I'll keep you posted.!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 10:28:25 AM »

.... and breath!  Ask for something daily for the next couple of weeks then on an 'as necessary' basis.  Because I know that the emergency pill works I don't need to take it unless anxiety grounds me.  The betabloakcs help too.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »

Rosanna  [now I have an ear worm  ;D] - I have emitophobia too,  :'( we have a thread here somewhere - it's what floors me when anxiety hits.

Yammy1

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 03:04:50 PM »

Stemitil really has helped, i took it for the first couple of days, now I take one just if needed. but I have a months supply so will keep it handy just in case. My anxiety has levelled a bit and I started keeping a chart of how I'm feeling, I made a list of symptoms ie, palps, exhaustion, aches, flushes etc. and if bad I put a red Y next to it or green if it's bearable, I have morning afternoon and evening on chart, I know it will take a few months to see if there's a pattern, which I'm sure there will be because of hormones. It's on the computer so easy to fill in every evening. Will let you know in time how it goes.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »

Do let us know and make sure that you eat little and often ;-)

Yammy1

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »

Will do  :o

lollipop

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 05:55:31 PM »

Hi ladies I have been going through meno since 2012ish no period for 3 years, I think I have been quite lucky compared to some poor ladies on here,but I still get a few bad days after my usual period date where I have palps,foggy head that feeling of being detached from my own body,my neck and head feel like they are going to explode it manly happens late afternoon was told it is hormone related.the unfortunate thing there is no end date with this bloody meno just have to ride it through  :)but good luck to everyone cus I think the palpations and head stuff is one of the most worrying of all the symptomsxx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »

Eat mid-afternoon for 3 weeks to see whether the symptoms go? could be low blood sugar.

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »

HI Girls,

Just to let you know I paid a visit yesterday to my GP and told him about my high anxiety levels and panic attacks, had a good chat with him regarding my state of mind, anxiety and stress due to being at the start of a probably "messy" divorce procedure.  He was very sympathetic which brought on the flood gates of tears on my end  :'(  He prescribed a low dose of Xanax 250 mg and told me it's ok to take these as sometimes a body needs help to get through difficult stages.

I came away a little bit lighter and let's hope medication will help.

Laois

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 03:00:09 PM »

OH! hang onto that GP  ::) - is the Xanax 'as necessary'? I'm sure that you will find it useful.

Why would the divorce need to be 'messy'  :-\. - sometimes Solicitors push for stuff which causes un-necessary upheaval between two already un-happy people.  Friends decided to divorce, sorted out everything between them and then presented a Solicitor with what was required.  They were told that the same Solicitor couldn't handle both sides and "don't you want X, Y, Z?" - nope.  But it was obvious that the profession is geared towards .........  :-X

:bighug: - keep posting!

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 03:21:07 PM »

CLKD,   Messy as in "O/H" isn't the easiest person to communicate with,  living under the one roof separately for over 4 years and my mental health can't take it anymore,  no communication at all now... nasty words thrown at me and house is the only asset between us and he doesn't plan on moving on at all ... so thus "messy",   for my own mental health it has gotten too much and so anxiety levels are pretty peaked.
My friends keep telling me I need to move on & out from the "toxic" situation and I've put the wheels in motion.   I know it'll be harder before I see "light at the end of the tunnel" but I know it needs to be done.  Found myself .. "loosing myself" as in getting subdued and hiding myself away which is not me ... I've a good backup of friends which is good but I know I've got to go through it to get to the other side.

Laois

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »

Hard work especially if one doesn't want to move on!  Hopefully your friends will remain supportive, do any have a 'roof' you could shelter under?  Renting is SO expensive around here ...... even harder in a tourist area  ::).

Little steps.  Half a day at a time  ;) ....... we are here to listen!   :tulips:
Pages: 1 [2] 3