Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: VA flare up-reassurance needed  (Read 2315 times)

linfit

VA flare up-reassurance needed
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:25:43 AM »

Hi
I have suffered with VA since last August. For several months I had got the sumptoms under control using vagifem five times a week and estriol cream on the outside a couple of times a week. For aaround the last five days my symptoms have flared up; stinging on the outiside and a bit of bladder pressure. I am so deflated as I thought I was really getting better. Can't think why this has happened, no change of diet or activities. Please can someone tell me this will pass and that it's just a blip. So soul destroying!!

ancient runner

Re: VA flare up-reassurance needed
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »

I really feel for you.
It might be a blip, or you might have a touch of thrush or bacteriosis. So you could try doing a reload of 14 nights, or try thrush cream or multigyn actigel.

linfit

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 09:56:16 AM »

I really feel for you.
It might be a blip, or you might have a touch of thrush or bacteriosis. So you could try doing a reload of 14 nights, or try thrush cream or multigyn actigel.

Thanks for your reply. I wondered about the 14 night reload, think I will try that. Ijust wondered if any women out there have had this happen to them, a flare up when you thought it was controlled I mean?

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »

all the time  >:(

Elizabethrose

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »

Yep me too linfit!

I've actually now recognised I can't use any products down there. I have to wash with just water, using the shower head on a gentle flow. I can't use any lubricant as all seem to irritate. Can't now use panty liners, they irritate too, thankfully the Vagifem has stopped all urine leakages. Ocado sent a replacement washing powder recently and that upset me. I also used different loo roll, a padded one, and that upset me too. It is utterly weird. The VA seems to have just made me ultra sensitive to everything. Gone are the days when an abrasive scrub with soap and flannel did the trick!!

Now all is calm until no doubt another irritant is discovered!  >:(

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »

I'm on your regime and I get flares  still, so I increase the frequency of using the Vagifem and cream x

linfit

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »

I'm on your regime and I get flares  still, so I increase the frequency of using the Vagifem and cream x
[/quote

Thanks all.....I guess it's how to stay up beat when the flare ups come.

Maryjane

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 12:52:28 PM »

You could try the estring ? I use it much prefer it.

Also you can use estriol everyday for LIFE it's so weak , do what you need.

The further we go into meno the more tweaking is required unfortunately.

I am on my second Mona Lisa Touch due to tweaking no longer working....I say with a whisper but things are starting to look 👍 whisper whisper.

Third session in two weeks up to 5 required.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »

I do the same - vagifem every other night and estriol cream externally 2 - 3 times a week. Sometimes it just needs a bit mor so I do a 14 night reload, usually 2 or 3 times a year.  It seems to kick start everything again.  It can't hurt to try.  :)

linfit

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 04:30:14 PM »

I do the same - vagifem every other night and estriol cream externally 2 - 3 times a week. Sometimes it just needs a bit mor so I do a 14 night reload, usually 2 or 3 times a year.  It seems to kick start everything again.  It can't hurt to try.  :)

Thanks all.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:45:14 PM »

I need to do a reload after about six months, so definitely do a two week one.

ancient runner

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »

Glad Mona Lisa appears to be smiling on you Maryjane! ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 10:08:05 PM »

I have no problems with products for washing as they are rinsed away.  I do get lazy with treating the VA ........  :-X [see My Bladder etc. thread].

linfit

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 07:01:42 AM »

You could try the estring ? I use it much prefer it.

Also you can use estriol everyday for LIFE it's so weak , do what you need.

The further we go into meno the more tweaking is required unfortunately.

I am on my second Mona Lisa Touch due to tweaking no longer working....I say with a whisper but things are starting to look 👍 whisper whisper.

Third session in two weeks up to 5 required.

Hi Maryjane
Are you in the UK? How long have you suffered with VA before deciding on ML? Let me know if it works?

ancient runner

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 07:46:22 AM »

Linfit, Maryjane has written at least one thread on here about the MLT which you might be able to find. She's in the UK and her problems have been really, really severe.
Pages: [1] 2