Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Has your HRT 'stopped working'/not work as well?  (Read 23635 times)

Mustard1

Re: Has your HRT 'stopped working'/not work as well?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »

HI there,  I was Kliofem 2mg/1mg for 9years.   In January 2018 I developed, overnight, acute anxiety and depression.  My GP offered diazapham and citalopram.  I had never experienced any of these before.  I have what some would say is a stressful job but I didn't find it stressful but accepted that I must have burned out.  I didn't take the diazapham and the citalopram didn't seem to work. I contacted a menopause Doctor who said that she thought my receptors to Kilofem had stopped working (after doing the Greene Climacteric Scale assessment on me) and moved me on Transderman Everol Conti patches.  I am 2 weeks on these and they seem to be significantly helping.  I think the estradiol level is the same it is just that my body is getting this through the skin as opposed to orally which says to me that it is not the estradiol that is the problem but the manner in which your body gets it.  I hope don't confuse the issue and it is early days for me yet but there must be something in the differant way the HRT is received i.e. by skin or mouth.

Dotty

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »

Some of the oestrogen is lost in the liver and digestive system so you could be getting more by using transdermal method. If it's working then keep using it.

paisley

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 07:20:58 AM »

I have just read all these threads & found it very interesting about the down regulation of oestrogen receptors. Over 9 years I have tried every different type of HRT. Some worked better than others but never all the time. I always guessed that there was a problem with my oestrogen receptors being faulty. I always thought it was the progesterone side of it as couldn't tolerate it at all but no had a total hysterectomy 8 years & still the oestrogen didn't work. I stopped all hrt 10 months ago & I am going to start it again. I am hoping by stopping it it will have reset my receptors. I agree that there should be more research into why when women have tried lots of HRTs they just don't work for them but it works for others. There has to be a reason
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]