Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Smelly???  (Read 1754 times)

EllieRey_68

Smelly???
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »

I guess I just need confirmation that the person who made the following comment is being his usual judgemental, silly self, or there is truth in what he is saying?!
I am 48 and had a conversation with a male I know very well. It started with me saying I needed a mint before we went out as I like a fresh breath. He commented saying that was an old woman thing to do and also he always knew when the women in his office were having a period as they had mints or chewing gum. I laughed and asked him if he just made that up, but he replied that it was true and a lot of women do that when menstruating as they have smelly breath!!
Is this true because I know a lot of women and have NEVER heard that one???!!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Smelly???
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:41:22 PM »

Some men scan scent women more acutely than other men are able to.  I have a menopausal 'whiff' [see my thread Oh Err!].  Himself tells me that he can't smell it.

I have NEVER used mints in that way.  I did use lots of talc all over ....... because  :-\

Certainly sweet breath can be a sign of diabetes.  Never heard it related to menstruation though.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »

Hi EllieRey - I have found this online

"Dry mouth and bad breath. Most women experience a lower level of saliva during their period, which leads to dry mouth and sometimes halitosis or bad breath. This is caused by normal oral bacteria that give off an odor when your oral cavity is dry. Using an alcohol-free rinse or "wetting" lozenges can help counteract this dryness and freshen your breath."

There are quite a lot of posts about this on Google.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:58:47 PM »

:thankyou:

EllieRey_68

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »

Thank you for your replies.
I still don't believe that he knew when EVERY woman was on their period due to sucking mints etc!

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »

what a creep  :(  my husband sucks mints and chews gum and he has never had a period in his life!