Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Hair Thread  (Read 6270 times)

Evelyn63

Re: The Hair Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »

:veil: :cancan:

Is this the dance of the seven veils Sparkle  :D

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »

Yes. And I'm Salome. I have the belly and wobbly bits!  :veil:

Evelyn63

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »

Thank you girls. You have cheered me up tonight  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 10:53:45 PM »

We seem to have two threads about hair - is this the current obsession  :D

Pity Emma can't amalgamate them  :-\

I've made an appt. for next week to have mine chopped back ........ I wash it myself as I don't like leaning back onto their sinks, I think it's dangerous! then it gets spritzed and cut - then washed the next day to get some order into it  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »

We seem to have two threads about hair - is this the current obsession  :D

2 minds thought alike at the same time  :)

dulciana

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 05:47:29 PM »

I've never experienced any discomfort when I'm having my hair washed at the hairdresser's, but maybe it's because I'm only 5'2" and the bottom of my head only just peeks over the top of the basin.  Sympathies to all who do find it uncomfortable, though.  Doesn't sound very nice..... :-\

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »

Well that just shows you doesn't it, how we can form opinions from others posts.

Dulciana, I always pictured you as tallish and statuesque  ::)

dulciana

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »

Well that just shows you doesn't it, how we can form opinions from others posts.

Dulciana, I always pictured you as tallish and statuesque  ::)

Oh, how I wish, babyjane!!  When my twin sister (who's about the same height as me) got married, my brother asked our new, tall brother-in-law, "Well, how does it feel to be marrying into a family of pygmies?"     ;D   No, we're all on the short side - and we've all ended up with tall other-halves!   

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »

I was always the tallest in my family at 5ft 3.  Sons take after our side at 5 ft 7 but daughter is on hubby's family side at 5ft 6.  I would love those few extra inches (and her hourglass figure)  >:(

Lanzalover

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »

I'm one of four and the smallest at 5ft 2 both brothers 6ft and over and my sister is about 5ft 6 blonde and naturally very slim the exact opposite to me. No can ever believe we are sisters !

Back to the hair thread just off to wash mine had it cut last week and it looked great but I can never get it to look like they do at the hairdressers no matter how hard I try and despite watching endlessly how the hairdresser does it I just cann't recreate the same effect. I had thought as I had cut shorter than normal I might get away with just washing it and running my fingers through it but it's so cold here today the hairdryer will be needed so I'll probably end up looking like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards !

Lanzalover x

dulciana

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 10:31:49 AM »

Just one more thing about height - my Mum always used to say, "The best goods come in smallest packages!" and she silenced one of her school pupils with this, once, when he asked her what it was like to be so small. ( >:( !! )   

But getting hair to look the way it does after the hairdresser has done it - well nigh impossible, in my experience.  I only wish I could stand behind myself when I style my hair!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »

If I had lots of money I would have my hair washed and styled every morning ;-).

I am 5ft 1" tall but think that I have an extra 2-3 " LOL.  Get a shock when I see myself reflected in a shop window!  My hair is due for a cut on Friday when most of the grey will disappear .......

cubagirl

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »

A number of years ago I treated myself to haircut in a VS salon in Glasgow. It was about 20 or so years ago. Cost about £45 then. I'd always promised myself I'd go one day. My hair looked fantastic, but I couldn't style it same way myself, so basically a waste of money. Been going to current guy since then & I still don't pay as much as I did for VS back then!  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »

That is why I always have a damped down dry cut and no blow dry.  By the time I get home it doesn't look the same and the next morning it has gone back to its own way again.  I have only had a blow dry three times in my life, for my wedding, son's wedding and daughter's wedding  :)

getting_old

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »

My experience of hairdressers has been different. They always leave my hair looking less than stellar, and I can always do a much better job or making it look nice. Sadly it's even the same story with colouring my hair as the last time I had it coloured in a salon it looked absolutely awful - the colour was really drab and my hair had no shine. People kept asking if I was ill! It took me 6 weeks to get it back to reasonable condition.
Pages: 1 [2] 3