Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 75mg Estradot, got given Evorel!  (Read 4617 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
75mg Estradot, got given Evorel!
« on: April 21, 2017, 06:30:37 PM »

Hello
My GP kindly prescribed me a 3 month prescription of my patches. Unfortunately he wrote estradiol on the prescription rather than Estradot.

I called the chemist to ensure they had Estradot and they said they would have to order them in but they had them. I was going away, my Dad collected my prescription for me.

My Dad has just dropped them off for me and it's evorel not estradot!
Feeling a bit annoyed as I called especially to ensure Estradot would be prescribed. Now I have 3 months of evorel which must be 6 times the size of the Estradot.

I'm hoping the delivery will be the same of the Oestrogen.

Apparently the supplier of Estradot is under review.

Tempest

Re: 75mg Estradot, got given Evorel!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:46:34 PM »

Wee soul!!!

The whole estradot issue is really becoming a PITA. I did some research a while back into why this keeps happening and it seems that there are frequent problems with 'product consistency' in manufacture upon inspection which causes these disruptions in supply.

One of the Consultants I saw says he has now given up on prescribing Estradot for this reason, and usually goes for Estraderm instead but.....it seems there have been issues from time to time with the supply of these as well!

As far as i can tell, there has never been any supply issues with Evorel.

As if this menopause milarky wasn't hard enough without all this!

Sending you hugs and hope you get along ok with the Evorel. xxxxx

peri

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »

I'm on evorel and personally I think it's better than estrodot.  I know the patches are bigger but they're easily small enough to fit under your knickers x

wombat62

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »

The supply issues even made the state papers over here! One lady interviewed was in her 70's and on Estradot for severe osteo problems, she was outraged at the shortages. The paper mentioned that the manufacturers had talked about supply problems but they didn't say why but hoped things would be back to normal in the next few months.

Let's hope it does come back, I'm not particularly happy on the new regime at the moment. Started off okay but 5 weeks in I'm noticing a few things.

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:20 PM »

I liked my estradot patches, fine & small. However, evorel work just as well.

Sunnydays

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »

I had a similar experience marchone. My gp used the generic term estradiol for the prescription  which means the  pharmacist can issue the cheapest version which in this case is Evorel. I brought it to the Gps attention and he had to specifically state Estradot on the prescription. Problem solved (but of course the supply of estradot erratic)

I don't want Evorel as not only are they large (and sorry, they only fit under my knickers if I put them right at the back on my bottom! ) But they can irritate my skin a bit. I'm sure they work as well as each other and I never had a sticking problem with them.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »

Well I think I'm going to need bigger knickers!
I've applied the patch - and I can feel it as I bend and move. I suppose as I have 3 months worth, I will just have to persevere provided that the delivery is okay.
To be honest, I think I'll end up on higher than this patch anyway, probably the 100mg. I started with a few symptoms since my hysterectomy that remind me of early peri days, headache, dizziness, unable to get food down my throat, so I think the operation has finally broken my failing ovaries.
So will see how I go - having a blood test next week to check again FSH and oestrogen.
Tempest - I had to rack my brains to think what PITA was - doh!
Also I hope you are okay, I read your post on private lives and in all honesty, I didn't know what to say to you. Obviously I wish you all the best and hope things are going well for you right now xx