Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hospital appointment for peri...  (Read 1208 times)

robotwars

Hospital appointment for peri...
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »

Hi! I have just got an appointment for gynaecology on Friday to review my medication, 6 months ago they suggested I stop HRT and just use vagifem and agreed that when I go back we can review what to do next. I'm just not sure what I want to do. I have no hot flushes, the VA does feel better with the vagifem and I use sylk and yes alongside. My only problem is anxiety and low mood..... periods I went 6 months with nothing then I came on for 3 days really heavy, went 2 weeks then came on the 3 days heavy again that was 3 weeks ago......the low mood is awful, I don't seem to feel excited about anything, my first grandchild is due in 4 weeks and I just cant feel happy at all, I just feel so low!!!!! its ridiculous, when I'm around my son I put on an act but inside I feel so low, my other problem is anxiety.....do I go back on HRT.......so confused....or is there something that might just help with my symptoms like SRI's. I'm also not sure whether I want periods every month again, it was awful last time as I used to flood every month would I be able to do a longer phase HRT.....

dazned

Re: Hospital appointment for peri...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 08:11:10 PM »

No one can really tell you what's best for you,only you know what you feel like. I stopped hrt as my only symptoms were anxiety,palpitations,panicking etc so opted for an AD. So go along and have a good chat and then make an informed decision together with the consultant. Good luck and hope you get your mojo back soon.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hospital appointment for peri...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »

Robot wars - why not give a SRRI a go? HRT hasn't helped thus far. Your may need to cope with some initial side effects which can take a couple of weeks but, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I assume you have tried CBT and Mindful Meditation?
DGX