Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Baffles me  (Read 2176 times)

babyjane

Re: Baffles me
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »

nearly50

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

😂 babyjane 😂😂😂

I wonder if it's genetic nearly 50??

But what this lady did say was she suffered horrific pms, when she was having periods and PND after her 3 daughters, but didn't get it with her 2 sons.

I didn't have pms, was on the Pill, and went straight back on the pill straight after each of my 3 babies, till I was 40, then the injection till I was 45. wonder if there's a link to what we do when we're younger??

Sounds like she had a worse deal than me all round then. I think it has all been such a shock because I always had regular, light periods which were only a minor inconvenience. Other women who have suffered quite badly throughout their lives would think what I'm going through is a walk in the park.

Jimsmrs

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »

The lesser of the 2 evils nearly 50???

I thought that after talking to her

nearly50

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 06:11:29 PM »

The lesser of the 2 evils nearly 50???

I thought that after talking to her

It is a shame that it is all hidden isn't it? Because I talk about this to everyone and anyone, I've found out about two colleagues who have had really heavy periods for decades. Just don't know how they cope.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:24 PM »

In hindsight, I don't know why I put up with heavy periods but I had to .........  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »

I don't think people are always truthful about their sailing through it

I know someone who's hunched over and keeps fanning herself who sailed through it without needing 'that hrt crap' plus looks a good 10-15 years older than she is

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »

yeah and some women ( up to a quarter ) sail through. Lucky them. They are very fortunate. PS is it just me or did you want to slap her? Like the smug parents who believe their superior parenting skills meant their babies slept all through the night as soon as they were born! !In fact, before they were born.They were just bloody lucky!!!!!!Gits

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »

My very best friend has had no real symptoms of menopause. Periods just stopped at the age of 52 - none of the longer or shorter cycles or differences in bleeding - she's had no hot flushes. Her energy is boundless at the age of 63 and sex drive is still really great. The only problem she has had in the last year is a slightly sensitive bladder and dryness so she used vagifem for a while but didn't bother to get her prescription renewed. I'm so pleased that one of us has had a good meno journey!!

Taz x

Jimsmrs

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »

And then there's the other women who only need Hrt for a couple of years then come off, why does that happen?😳
Pages: 1 [2]