Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cold sensations in legs  (Read 49967 times)

HorsesHorses

Cold sensations in legs
« on: April 20, 2015, 07:20:44 PM »

I have another new symptom that's worrying me a bit. I can't call the doctors because I'm sure they'll start charging me soon. Tried looking for it in a menopause symptom list but can't see it so just wondering if any of you get this. Over the last few weeks I've been experiencing random cold sensations in my legs and feet that come and go. They last a matter of seconds and then go and it's as if a drop of cold water has landed on my leg but there's nothing there. I'm guessing it could be nerve/neuro related but I'm really hoping some of you are going to pop up and say you've had this too and it's yet another delightful (not) meno symptom. I have an occasional tender point in my back/spine every now and then but nothing pain wise.
This is not helping my anxiety levels!
:-(

Maryjane

Re: Cold sensations in legs
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »

Possibly coming from L5 spine......or random nerves firing off.....I get this but I also have peripheral neuropathy.

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »

Hi,
I experienced this with hrt. It started off as a small patch on the side of my calf; a cold spot, almost like a trickling feeling. As I progressed with the hrt the patches became greater in size to the extent it was all over the left side of my leg. It was an eery feeling and stopped once I'd ceased taking the hrt.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »

My feet always feel cold but DH tells me they are warm like the rest of me.  My Dad had surgery on a cartilage and ever afterwards he could feel a 'wet patch' if he kneeled down in the garden - so altered sensation then  :-\

I'm not on HRT other than for VA but do take Propranolol and an AD
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:01:00 PM by CLKD »

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »

Yep I've had this several times on one of my buttocks cold wet patch and a trickling feeling,quite  weired really,I'm on Hrt too.

HorsesHorses

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:33:29 PM »

I'm not on HRT though, just fluctuating hormone wise all the time. My health anxiety is shooting up again. I've just had hubby calming me down trying to convince me I don't have nerve damage or diabetes. I don't know how he puts up with me! I need my own personal physician to follow me round to tell me I'm not ill all the time. Anyone watch 'Royal Pains'? I need my very own Hank.
Thanks for your replies.

libby1

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »

I've had this for a few months on and off but only in one leg. It felt like I was sitting in a cold draft all the time, cold patches in different parts of my leg and hip but warm to the touch. Very weird but seems to have gone now, really stressed me out at the time  :'(

Maybe it is another weird meno symptom? And I'm not on hrt.

Libby
x

BrightLight

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 02:22:03 PM »

Hello, I don't have am explanation but I do have the experience, on and off for most of last year, it seems to have calmed right down for now. I had concerns as well, thinking similar about nerve damage, diabetes, circulation issues etc - the responses might well involve similar systems but I'm pretty sure it's hormones sending things off balance.  Sometimes it actually felt numb - horrible feeling.

mags

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »

I get the very same feeling, prior to a hot flush, it just feels as if someone is spraying cold water on both legs ,  I can only assume that it must be hormonal, as I have had it ever since my menopause started.

Magsxx

Galadriel

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »

Hi HH,

I've had this in my mouth and on my tongue. Occasionally I get a cold creeping feeling over one shoulder blade! Weird! I've learned to let it do its thing and I try not to get over-anxious as it makes it much worse. This is easier said than done  ;D Zgotta love those ever-changing hormones  :o

Galadriel x

Chi chi

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 06:31:30 PM »

Yep I get this too on one of my knees on the inside, it feels wet and cold, not all of my knee just a small spot. Very odd but now it feels tingly and kind of numb just above and below the whole knee on the inside??

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »

I started on Vagifem about five weeks ago to try and stop recurrent UTI's. This past week I have also started with the feeling of a draught around my ankles every now and again and cramps in the legs at night. I went through the menopause some fifteen years ago so it definitely is not related to menopause symptoms.