Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling with anxiety  (Read 5504 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Struggling with anxiety
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 08:34:35 AM »

As oestrogen levels drop so the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  It is known that IBS is affected by hormones.

Lesley66

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »

Just to let you all know I'm back from seeing my GP. Had a good chat and he examined my abdominal area and explained that there's a nasty tummy bug circulating that tends to wax and wane ..... in fact I was his 4th patient he'd seen today with the same symptoms. He agreed the anxiety was becoming an issue and gave me the option of SSRI treatment or counselling. I've opted to take the script as it helped so much before, and as the waiting list for the counselling could be a few months and I felt uncomfortable with that as I feel like I'd be in complete meltdown by then. I've taken windeze today which has settled my tummy a lot and rescue remedy has helped too I think. I hope to hang round the forum and share any of my past experiences and advice but thank you again to everyone for the calming advice and support over the last couple of days xxx

kellie

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »

i feel the same with health anxiety, omg i have never felt like this before and its driving me crazy. im going from one worry to another or so it feels  :'(
i had never heard of perimenopause until about 18th months ago when i had my 1st anxiety attack and omg it knocked me for six and took me a long time to feel semi normal again, then i read something on perimenopause  and it was a light bulb moment for me and i knew thats what i was going thru.

im trying st johns worts at the min to see if they help (fingers crossed they do ) as im really worn out from non stop worry and fear every day.  im also taking evening primrose oil, vit b complex and just started magnesium.
im trying to listen to meditation to see if that helps but i find it so hard to focus my mind as its always off worrying somewhere.

sending you a big hug and i hope things settle down for you soon as this is so draining isnt it
xx

Megamind

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »

Good news. Hope you feel less anxious now.

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »

Hi Lesley66

Like a lot of the ladies on here we seem to be in the same boat. I also have severe health anxiety at the moment my 84 year old dad lives with me and my teenage son I think mine has been building up over the last 2 years my last period was December 15 so that is a year and 3 months but I do still get hot flushes as well I also have been having major mobility problems as well with constantly pulling muscles or tendons issues with my knee it seems the menopause has exacerbated everything as previously okay I wasn't running marathons but I could more or less get around whereas now it seems everyday I have some issue or the other and of course because I'm the only breadwinner in the household it makes things seem worse as the others have said you've done the right thing I to have been prescribed an AD I have been too afraid to take it but after a chat with my GP I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take it as I need to get back on an even keel but he has also recommended a course of CBT as well which he thinks is a good thing to back up the AD. There is a very long waiting list but if you are comfortable and have a laptop and printer you can do it online it's an 8 week course I was wondering since you used GP if you are in the U.K. maybe your GP could attange this for you?

Lesley66

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 04:07:26 PM »

Hi Lesley66

Like a lot of the ladies on here we seem to be in the same boat. I also have severe health anxiety at the moment my 84 year old dad lives with me and my teenage son I think mine has been building up over the last 2 years my last period was December 15 so that is a year and 3 months but I do still get hot flushes as well I also have been having major mobility problems as well with constantly pulling muscles or tendons issues with my knee it seems the menopause has exacerbated everything as previously okay I wasn't running marathons but I could more or less get around whereas now it seems everyday I have some issue or the other and of course because I'm the only breadwinner in the household it makes things seem worse as the others have said you've done the right thing I to have been prescribed an AD I have been too afraid to take it but after a chat with my GP I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take it as I need to get back on an even keel but he has also recommended a course of CBT as well which he thinks is a good thing to back up the AD. There is a very long waiting list but if you are comfortable and have a laptop and printer you can do it online it's an 8 week course I was wondering since you used GP if you are in the U.K. maybe your GP could attange this for you?

Hi there, I am indeed in the U.K. - my doc didn't give me the option of an on line cbt course but its definitely something I could discuss with the surgery, especially in light of the fact that it would certainly save some time in getting to and from appointments and perhaps having to arrange childcare/take time off work etc. Thank you for the heads up on that! I sympathise with you having dependent family at home. I have a young daughter -8,who can be very time consuming, although in a lovely way, but I couldn't imagine having an elderly parent too. Maybe because my mother and I don't see eye to eye and haven't spoken Ina long time. She is probably the one thing out there that's even worse than the menopause 😂😂😂. I try and keep going through all the aches and pains - I'm very very active and I absolutely will not let this beast destroy that, so I walk at least an hour a day, look after and ride my horse and go to the gym. Without that this HA would probably be a damn sight worse. Take care xxx

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

Tell us more about your horse? we have a dog thread, perhaps a horse one is well over-due?

How's your anxiety been?  I have beta-blockas, did I say already  :-\ as well as an emergency as necessary tablet. 

Lesley66

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »

Since my visit to the docs my anxiety has calmed down a lot. I have a day off today and I'm about to go and get my sertraline. I feel so chilled I'm debating whether I need it now. However although my mood has changed in an instant for the better I'm acutely aware of how quickly it can go back the other way. I'm struggling with the decision now whether to just hold off on the pills until my next meltdown.

My horse .... he's a 17 year old chap with one eye, dodgy legs and breathing problems 😂😂😂. Only a stress head like me could own a stress inducing animal like him 🐴🐴. However, the early morning shovelling 💩 ritual can be mood lifting and helps with shifting the aches and pains. Getting my leg over to ride however, is proving more problematic with age 😂😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »

TAKE THE Sertraline!  as it can take weeks B4 one notices any benefit  ::).  Why wait  :-\.

17 years ain't old for a horse though is it .......... is he friendly?

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 03:19:27 PM »

I still think it would be preferable to try HRT before trying anti-depressants again - as you are 15 months after your last period and your oestrogen levels likely to be low and therefore low mood and anxiety are common. Did your doc not discuss this with you?

Obviously the decision is yours but this is what I would try personally - because of the stage you are at. If you had been suffering from flushes and sweats as well, the doctor would not have hesitated in prescribing HRT I am sure - but some doctors seem to be resistant to long-term menopausal symptoms other than the classic ones!

If you feel you symptoms relate to life events and similar to what you experienced before and not cyclical or hormonal then the ADs may be the answer (eventually!).

CBT sounds like a good idea too :)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]