Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Low mood help  (Read 1872 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Low mood help
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »

I'm going through a surgical menopause & on Estraderm MX 25 and have been for around 9 weeks now. In last week I've felt very low along with crying for no reason, seeing as I've no hormones running amock can anyone advise me what's going on? As I'm really struggling :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low mood help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:17:34 PM »

I don't know about the drug you are taking, sure someone will be along with advice.

ellie66

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »

That Is a low dose. It may need increasing. Give it 3 months then ask about increasing it.

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »

Yorkshire Girl I assume the '25' is the dose of estrogen and if that's the case then that is too low for you now you have used up your reserves.  It's a very low dose.  Low mood and crying are classic oestrogen deficiency syndrome.

I'd not give it 3 months.  I'd be asking if I could increase that dose now.  It's obviously not right for you.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »

Thanks tipsydilly & Sue had a feeling the dose was low, got a GP appointment on 3rd April, will ask for higher dose. Thank you  :-*

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »

Hi Yorkshire girl I too have gp appointment on 3rd to restart hrt after my hysterectomy om going to go straight back on estradot 50 as it worked for me pre hysterectomy. Hope you get sorted xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »

Could you not ring your GP Practice and ask to up the dose, rather than continue feeling low  :-\ - 3 months is FAR TOO LONG to wait when 1 feels ill!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:10:02 PM »

Walking the dog, thank you, i know it can take awhile to get right the hrt and dose right, good luck to you.
CLKD Have a feeling they won't up dose without seeing me. Of course you're told to wait at least 3 months before deciding whether it's working or not, which obviously now after 9 weeks it's not. Will ring surgery tomorrow​ and try to get an appointment this week instead.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

Good idea.  I found good results within 10 days on all those that I was prescribed that didn't make me queasy  ::) but wasn't really aware of benefit for 3-4 months when I suddenly thought "Oh I'm feeling better"  ::)