Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: IBS  (Read 27074 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: IBS
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »

If it wasn't written by Dr Mosely I would have given up by now, it's all a bit Far Fetched  ::) but am pressing on.  Not sure about the recipes at the end though  :-\ ......... interesting angle on the whole digestive tract though.

Saukercraut anyone  ;) ???

CLKD

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »

OK - so for a couple of weeks I've had a flat stomach first thing but by this time of day it's like a little pumpkin  :-\ and I can't do up my jeans and feel 'bloated'  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:15 PM »

I can't understand why although I know I've eaten too much chocolate recently and don't do much exercise other than gardening  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2017, 06:15:46 PM »

I find drawing a breath difficult too  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »

Yep.  Like after I've 'been' I'm not empty.  Bugga .......... will start a new diet regime on Friday, out all day tomorrow so will be snacking.  Need to exercise more!  Shall we meet up  ;D

nearly50

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2017, 06:59:36 PM »

Avoiding sugar is the only thing that helps me when this happens.  Cutting down on fruit too. Hope you're both feeling better soon,  maybe it us a surge of hormones for you sparkle

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »

Fat .........  a little trapped wind.  I have made a note of what I eat on a daily basis and  :-X.  Have made a note to buy more fresh fruit and eat more veg..  Less sugars.  More muesli.  Even in the bath, nothing moved except my belly.

Mbrown001

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 09:36:49 PM »

Fruit is my downfall at this time of year too. So many lovely soft fruits in the shops now. Oh and salads too.  I don't eat as many casseroles or the like in the summer so have salad with just about everything.

Plays havoc with IBS and bloating. Haven't found a remedy as yet but one day I will get this sorted.

How about that for optimism  ;D

Mrs Brown

Taz2

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2017, 07:47:54 AM »

I found the Gut Book by Giulia Enders helpful in understanding how the digestive tract works. I think we've talked on here about it before.

Fruit and veg are dreadful for my IBS(D) but I do love them. Peas are problematic - they look so innocuous though!! Any of the drinks such as Actimel have me stuck (!) in the loo for ages.

Taz x

nearly50

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »

I'm having a sugar free June if anyone wants to join me.

Spangles

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »

Hi All,
I have found this thread really good so far. I hope you are all feeling better, I'm suffering with IBS at the moment too. My friend has been recently diagnosed and her doctor suggested the FODMAP diet. I've googled it and was amazed to find that most of the foods I eat are on the 'foods to avoid' list! The good food list consists of most things that I don't like! Don't know what to do, I will be buying probiotics again thou as I haven't took them for over six months and to be honest I can tell the difference. One thing that the food list said to avoid was Chammomile tea, well I live on the stuff, absolutely love it, however I will cut down now and use peppermint leaves as well.
Hope you feel better soon, and everyone else who is suffering with IBS does too.
Shellb
xXxi

Taz2

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 08:51:04 AM »

I did have a look at the FODMAP before but found it included strawberries, celery, carrots as good foods and I know that these set me off. One interesting thing though is that it may be the amounts we eat? It includes celery as a good food but only "less than 5cm stalk" which is a small amount?

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 09:43:10 AM »

Hi Taz,
I was just confused reading the amounts, obviously 1size doesn't fit all!
Everyone has their own trigger foods too.
xXx

nearly50

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »

I'm having a sugar free June if anyone wants to join me.
Oh I'd love to say yes Nearly50 but not sure I've got the willpower!  Are you cutting out fruit and veg with high sugar content too?

S x

No, thankfully my digestion problems are ok just now so don't need to *touches wood*. Just cake, biscuits, chocolate, puddings. Once I start eating them I can't stop and I want to lose a couple of pounds which are presently developing into a tyre round my middle.

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2017, 08:47:54 PM »

Less of a pumpkin today: have eaten less and not had as much to drink.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8