Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When in cycle did you feel worse?  (Read 4478 times)

dangermouse

Re: When in cycle did you feel worse?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 12:10:32 PM »

I've never experienced low oestrogen / high progesterone (yet) but the pressure feeling in your body is likely to be the stimulating nature of too high oestrogen. The comment that you're about to explode is spot on for me!

However, I've heard a lot of women here talk about progesterone intolerance which I think is not the same as the level being too high (which makes you feel drowsy as it's a sedative at too high a dose), so it's another set of symptoms but I'm not sure what they are.

The timing of when you feel worse is the clearer test though, as some symptoms can be similar when either hormone is low. Taking replacement hormones tops up what's missing but also, if the other hormone has been unopposed for a long time and down regulated its receptors, it can reawaken them until they're fully opposed and symptoms can flare up quite badly. So it's not straightforward!

Trial and error (for reasonable chunks of time) seems the best way to find something that's suits you, or to ride it out without HRT until you're either getting less fluctuations to try again or feel good enough without any.

EllaM

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 10:10:10 AM »

Big thankyou to Kathleen and Elizabethrose for your support. I am finding it very difficult to know what is high and low at the moment but after feeling flushed and sweaty on Friday, I had a big crash on Saturday and felt absolutely dreadful. As you say Kathleen, I could feel it coming over me! It eased in the evening and yesterday I felt ok in myself and was able to do jobs around the house and take the dog for a walk, I was crippled with anxiety. Also had sore gums and noticed some more specks of blood in my cervical mucus. Had vivid dreams and sweats last night and again have anxiety. Mucus also seems much less. An estrogen crash??? It's never ending and so hard to keep going 😢
Elizabethrose, although being on hrt my cervical mucus changes significantly going from creamy/pale yellowish and thick to clear egg white. Do you think this definitely suggests ovulation or just surges and falls? Xx
Kathleen, you have my sympathies as anxiety is so horrible. Big hug to you xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »

Hi EllaM

I'm really sorry you're struggling like this. I'm afraid I can't comment on your mucus on HRT, my observations are based on no HRT. The side effects I experienced on HRT overrode any normal PMT or oestrogen high symptoms. Chaos truly reigned! It seems that HRT doesn't always suppress your cycle which can prove difficult when in peri as the cycle lengths are ever changing. Even if you don't experience break through bleeds from your own cycle, your own cycle can cause background shifts in hormone levels. My oestrogen surges on top of the HRT oestrogen produced terrible highs and the associated side effects.

Honestly, I can't stress it enough: if you are not keeping a daily diary of symptoms do so. You don't have to obsess about it, just a couple of minutes each day, but very very quickly you'll start to see patterns emerge. Without a record, we've no hope of remembering the detail of what happened when. Docs are also better persuaded by recorded information and better able to analyse what is going on.

Good luck to you x
Pages: 1 [2]