Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Any success stories with Tibolone? Please.  (Read 22183 times)

peri

Re: Any success stories with Tibolone? Please.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »

Don't feel a failure Joesmum, I persevered with tibilone for 3 monthsand it didn't work for me, at least you tried.  Personally I think the gel/patches are superior x

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »

I had headaches in the early weeks

Out of everything I've tried hrt-wise this is the best I've felt (history below) , not 100% but definitely better than the other regimes

Libido not good but response REALLY good ! X

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »

I can't tolerate high oestrogen doses so I really sympathise with you

Although social anxiety hasn't completely gone there's a definite improvement on Tibolone but we are all different and how we react to each hrt.  I do think you need to try it a couple of months to see.  Is it worth a low dose AD alongside to help with the low mood ? X

warwick01

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »

Hi Joesmum,

You've probably been following my updates on the other Tibolone thread. I take 125 Leveroxine at 6:00am then take my Tibolone at 5:00pm. The first few weeks were tough but stuck with it and it's week 12 today.....yippee. Still get a few funny head whooshes but calming down now. Sleep like a log but still feel drowsy in the mornings. This is common and in most cases improves.

I will write my update later on the other thread. All I will say is give 3 months as things have only just settled for me. The best thing is a MASSIVE improvement with anxiety, panic etc.

Feel free to PM me if you need more support.

Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »

Hi Joesmum (I'm a mum to Joe too)!

It seems I have no ovaries either and I'm ok on it.  X

Blakeygray

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 11:35:57 PM »

Hi joesmun

Tibolone has worked and still is for me.

Here's a link to my thread but in a nutshell within 2 weeks, it gave me my life back.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33667.msg557037.html#msg557037

honeyblossom

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »

I've done a U turn!

I did one day of Estrogel which made me a bit anxious but today I decided to go back to Tibolone and give it a bit longer. I just thought ....NO! don't give in yet!!
( interestingly the Tibolone doesn't make me anxious?)
The side effects are not pleasant but im hoping that they may subside. It feels too soon to throw the towel in. Today has been ok. The Tibolone seems to make me very tired with a dull, mild headache and my mood has been Low.
I took my thyroxine this morning and my Tibolone this afternoon. I don't know if they interact but thought that I should be cautious and take them separately.
I'll keep you updated. Hopefully things will improve. I think it's the right decision.

Hi joesmum
I'm going through the same thing as you. Back at tibilone for the 4th time!
It seems like it's one of those drugs that if it suits you it's AMAZING, but if it doesn't it gives you a whole array of odd symptoms.
I'm struggling with strange physical ones, pain, ache fatigue. I imagine this is what cold turkey feels like. I have read on another group that studies where done halving the dose... And were as successful as the full 2.5mg. I've no idea why the dose was then set as 2.5 but I'm wondering if starting low might help??
Just an idea.

Annie0710

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 12:31:35 AM »

It could be the progesterone part sedating you.  I think I felt the effects of prog for quite a few weeks.  I can still get tired but I also seem to have some staying power too to not nap (meno amongst many other things hit me with crashing fatigue) x

Blakeygray

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 08:16:32 AM »

No joesmun I didn't suffer any side effects at all. I'm sorry it's not working for you (so far).

I think honeyblossom has hit the nail on the head, it's either a 'miracle cure' so to speak or a step backwards.

It's a bloody complex thing this menopause business - sighs.

warwick01

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 11:12:44 AM »

Hi Joesmum,

I also have the sedative effect. Feel tired most of the day. I was the opposite on Oestrogel, fely hyper...... can't win :(

Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »

If you can stick with it, do

In the early weeks I had headaches , hangover feeling (prog) and lethargy

But honest, this is now the best I've felt in 5 years on hrt

I think Tibolone requires patience and time, it's not like sticking on a patch of oestrogen, your body has to make sense of the components and react accordingly , almost like it's learning where to aportion each part and then give the necessary benefits, I don't think there's many women on hrt that don't have some side effects, it's just how bad they are and how you can deal with them, I've got stiff joints, but the fact Tibolone has given me some wellbeing I'll take the trade off x

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 01:06:53 AM »

Yes I felt tired in the early days and still can if I sit and relax, but in recent weeks it's given me some staying power, I'm usually awake at 6am ish and rarely get to sleep til gone midnight

I know and respect Tibolone won't be for everyone and I got away with some of the dreadful early side effects many women on here have suffered but it's like any hrt if you can tolerate 3 months trial to see if there are improvements.  I promised my self my only other option after Tibolone would be to try nothing as oestrogen alone wasn't helping x

Kathleen

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 12:51:18 PM »

Hello ladies.

Just catching up with this thread as I have been taking Tibolone for one month. I began by taking half a tablet at bedtime but for the last week I have added half a tablet in the morning so I am now getting the full 2.5mg albeit divided into two doses.  I can't say I've noticed any improvement so far but I  live in hope!

Joesmum. -  I can completely relate to your adrenaline surges and  feeling tearful. I also have the jittery/ internal shaking sensation which has been a frequent meno symptom.

I will  of course update the forum on any progress.

Take care all.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Hi Joesmum,

3 weeks is still very early days. Tibolone is so different it does take time to adapt esp if your transitioning from oestrogel. The first 6 weeks were really bad for me. I had adrenalin surges, dizziness, jelly legs, so many strange symptoms. Only for the ladies on this site I would have jacked.

I'm currently feeling very tired as if I've taken a tranquiliser. Sleep well with no sweats but when I wake feel a bit flat if that makes sense? not depressed just flat as if my mojo has disappeared. Once I'm up I'm ok but still feeling lethargic. I guess like Annie said it's the prog kicking in. If no improvement by next week I will have my thyroid checked as it may be interfering with my Leveroxine.....

This morning was great, we had a 2mile walk along the beach. No anxiety or lightheadedness which as been a constant symptom for a couple of years.....

Take Care Wx

Annie0710

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 09:52:56 PM »

Aw sounds like you have a plan joesmum, let's hope it works for you

Last week I got prescribed ovestin to use externally along with the vagifem internally, I suspect my drop in oestrogen didn't help but at least I'm getting more oestrogen to those bits now

Well my social anxiety played a storm yesterday on a meal out to meet my sons fiancées family, almost verging on detachment but not quite but I hated the feelings

Woke this morning with continuous palpitations and carried on at work, hated it as I had to take some time out for a scheduled hospital appt but driving to the appt I couldn't stand the racing heart then remembered to try to cough quickly.  Straight away it restarted the beat and I was sooooo relieved

I'm really seriously considering asking doc for something to help with this social anxiety, it's cruel and is stopping me enjoying going out with people xxxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4