Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Extreme physical symptoms & concerns about possible Non Hodgkins Lymphoma  (Read 1752 times)

Marra

Hallo, I'm 53yrs old, mum of 2, been peri menopausal for over a year now and have been suffering from really bad physical symptoms over the past year which are getting worse- extreme constant exhaustion, nausea, dizziness, feeling really cold, cold sweats, fainting, headaches, problems with my vision/flashing light & sudden blurring of vision, really bad memory loss, unexplained ear/nose/throat pain, muscle & chest pain, nose bleeds, mental confusion. I'm really not getting any answers or help from my GP (s) other than "it's menopausal". I recently found out my mother, now deceased, had a type of cancer called Non Hodgkins Lymphoma which can go unnoticed due to mirroring many of the symptoms of the menopause. I've just (today) asked my GP to send my blood for tests to look for anything out of the usual so we can hopefully rule this out. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Sarai

Marra your symptoms could be a mixture of meno and deficiencies in iron, vitamin D and or B12 please get them all checked.
Don't think (silly for me to say I know) your late mums cancer theres no saying at all you have cancer. Anyway a blood test would flag up markers so that should put your mind at rest.
You may even have another condition like CFS or an autoimmune disease. Keep pushing the dr even after blood tests to find you a diagnosis.

Elizabethrose

Hi Marra

:welcomemm:

Firstly it's really sensible to get things checked out with your doc as you need to put your mind to rest. However, many of the symptoms you've discussed are common in peri.

Migraine is a very common peri symptom and with mine I suffer with these from your list; exhaustion, nausea, feeling cold, feeling faint, headaches, vision problems, blurred vision, ear, throat, nose pain, mental confusion and many many more. Could this be migraine you are suffering from? Silent migraine can occur when you get the prodrome and aura without the headache which confuses a lot of people.
x

Bomber

Hi Marra,
Hope you've received some reassurance from your doctor by now.
As said by others, always get your symptoms properly checked by a doctor as there are plenty of stories like your Mum's where symptoms are incorrectly passed off as being related to menopause. However, do also be aware that anxiety and specifically health anxiety are very prevalent during menopause as we try to make sense of the wide and varied impacts it has on our minds and our bodies.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

>wave<

Sunnydays

How did you get on Mara? I convinced myself that I had the same a few weeks back. I had a small lump in my cheek and was sure it was a lymph note. I also have low white blood cell count on and off. I went to the doctor and he said that it seemed to be a muscle in my jaw. I was kind of reassured but looking at the symptoms and these darned low white blood count,, it niggles on the back of my mind so I have to give myself a stern talking to!!