Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What do you do about ongoing tiredness?  (Read 9254 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What do you do about ongoing tiredness?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »

I had busy dreams which always makes my head tired although the rest of my body feels fine  ::).  I find that making lists each evening helps me tick off to see what I actually achieve!

Justjules

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 06:49:49 PM »

Just scrubbed a potato for baking and wiped round the sink and came over all weird, all up arms and then a not well feeling and then panicky....do you think it could be heart??? Surely I should be able to scrub a potato.....happened when I was rushing to clean the shower sealant before going out the other day....felt 'wave' like faintness and then had to rush to loo....worrying silly now.... :'(

coldethyl

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »

Just scrubbed a potato for baking and wiped round the sink and came over all weird, all up arms and then a not well feeling and then panicky....do you think it could be heart??? Surely I should be able to scrub a potato.....happened when I was rushing to clean the shower sealant before going out the other day....felt 'wave' like faintness and then had to rush to loo....worrying silly now.... :'(

Sounds just like a rush of adrenaline to me- I get this a lot often with a flush to follow- I've had countless ECGs and have decided that if it was my heart something would have turned up by now! All I can say is that I stopped worrying about it so much when I was diagnosed with cancer, which tells me that most of it was down to the worry I was adding into the mix.

dangermouse

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »

It really does all sound like hormones to me, remember pregnant women get really exhausted too.

The motivation goes hand in hand as the hormonal imbalance causes the brain to want to deal with emergencies only.

I've now topped up (or built up enough of) my progesterone levels so only need it for Days 14-28, which I then feel the good effects of in the early part of cycle when was always my worst, and my weakness and motivation are so good, better than last 20 years I'd say.

I still don't understand if it was the imbalance triggering migraines which then triggered the symptoms or if it was some symptoms from migraines and some directly from imbalance. When I've had symptoms though I'd always had a feeling of pressure in my head and the dizziness, nausea, lethargy and lack of motivation (similar to with depression) all happened at the same time.

Best to always have ecg to check no heart issues though as the symptoms are similar because adrenaline is being triggered in both circumstances.

Justjules

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »

Hi Coldethyl, well I've been getting the rushes for a good while now but why would it do it when I'm exerting myself?? This was worse than the others and I desperately want to do some very light exercise.

Yes, definitely in worry mode all the time as usual and no matter how I try to go with the flow, something else pops up.....nothing to what you're coping with though, so thanks for responding.  :thankyou:

Justjules

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »

Dangermouse, had ECG not long ago and all ok it seems.

Is there anything you can recommend to take or do? I'm waiting on intensive CBT.

coldethyl

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »

I know it's easy for me to say but doing some light exercise would probably help - I found doing some exercise bike stuff actually reduced my rushes and racing heart x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »

JustJules - stop rushing around the tackle chores in a leisurely manner.  It's probably an adrenaline rush, 4 me it's like hot water coursing through my veins, scared me when it first happened!  Now I know that it will go, that I haven't dropped dead and it hasn't got worse - in fact now that I recognise the sensations I'm not bothered: unless I'm travelling  ::)

Justjules

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »

I know it's easy for me to say but doing some light exercise would probably help - I found doing some exercise bike stuff actually reduced my rushes and racing heart x

Ha, even if I feel like I'll keel over.....then bring on one.

CLKD, I haven't got a rush in me nowadays! Wasn't rushing scrubbing the potato!!

dangermouse

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 11:55:12 PM »

Dangermouse, had ECG not long ago and all ok it seems.

Is there anything you can recommend to take or do? I'm waiting on intensive CBT.

Hey, if you can find something to rebalance your hormones, so that the source is being dealt with, and then the CBT will be great to rationalise your thoughts so that emotional anxiety isn't adding to the physical anxiety.

If there is a tachycardia (over 100bmp at rest) this makes exercise contraindicated as your hormones are already giving you a workout, so raising the heart rate even higher will make you feel breathless. However, if it's emotional then exercise will bring your heart rate up in line with your mind and you will feel more balanced.
Pages: 1 2 [3]