Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Breast Pain  (Read 7867 times)

countrybumpkin

Breast Pain
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »

As I put my bra on this morning and it lifted my left breast I got really sharp pain in side of my breast nearer to my nipple than my armpit. I pulled my bra strap upwards and the pain came again. I can press downwards on my breast and nothing but the slightest lift of the breast either from my bra or movement that lifts the breast upwards and this horrible pain comes again. As soon as the breast is let go the pain goes as well. If I lean on something and it raises my breast like when my husband hugged me I literally jump a mile with the pain.
Nothing whatsoever to feel ( I have of course been prodding and poking) and all looks perfectly normal.
I am prone to pain in my breasts and chest as I have prolapsed neck disc that causes referrred pain all around ribs/chest but this pain tends to be shooting nerve pain that is not related to breast movement. My neck is very painful that side and my shoulder blade and rib are sore on that side as well.
I can lay down on my left side with no pain and as long as I do not touch the area on the breast with an upwards movement I have no pain.
As you can imagine I am worst case scenario although I know that breast pain is rarely a sign of breast cancer.
Obviously if I get any signs of a possible infection showing I will seek medical help over weekend and if  I still have pain on monday I will be knocking on my GP's door but just wondered if anyone else has had anything similar?

Megamind

Re: Breast Pain
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »

Yes I get this a lot and always on the left side and near to the nipple but I tend to sleep on my left side and I have large, droopy breasts and I think my nipple gets squashed when I'm asleep! I also have neck problems and get a lot of tight muscles.

Ibupofren helped the breast pain. It does come and go and I haven't had it as bad lately but at the time, it was really painful. I have had a mammogram since I had the pain and all was clear.

My Mum also kept getting pain in her left breast and the Dr told her it was muscular but she did refer her to the breast clinic and all was well.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 05:02:09 PM »

Thanks Megamind. Fingers crossed it is improving as day goes on. I have big droopy boobs as well which have got worse since I lost 3 stomes ::) and I too sleep mostly on my left side as well.  I also took my bra off at teatime yesterday so had alot of hours swinging around! 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »

OUCH! another laxity of muscle = aches and pains?

Megamind

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:00:35 PM »

Yes mine went worse after weight loss. I spend most of my time indoors without my bra on which probably doesn't help! Its probably from how you're sleeping.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »

The sigh of relief when you remove your bra ;D   TRouble is big boobs don't like swinging in the wind, its an awful lot of weight dragging on things! 

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 10:06:34 PM »

My neck disc prolapsed when I was 30 so 25 years ago and the list of symptoms and pain area affected is huge. I can only use my arms for a very short time before the pain stops me in my upper back and neck so am fairly disabled.  Adding big boobs on and post meno sagging ::) does not help at all!  I have seen many neurosurgeons ( operation would be risky) and had every therapy you can think of but nothing has really helped.

I was def not paying attention when they gave out spines and eyes ;D ;D

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »

Just what I don't need with all the other tests I am having to have but the breast pain was back again yesterday. I picked up some washing and held it to my chest and as the boob moved the pain was back, same tender area as well sooooooo

Monday I am off back to the Gp yet again as given my family history I would feel happier if I went to the breast clinic and had tests.

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 09:26:24 AM »

I had a painful right boob for ages, could not even lie on that side, had a mammogram all was ok, it comes and goes, I put it down to HRT?  :-\

countrybumpkin

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »

I am not on any hormones and 5 years post meno.  It could be referred pain from my spine but best to check I think.

Megamind

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »

It will put your mind at rest but I'm sure everything will be fine. Mine on the left side comes and goes as well. I think it sounds like it's muscular.

Menomale

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »

Hi countrybumpkin,

Hope you're feeling better. I have intermittent pain on my left breast and sometimes it is very scary, mammograms show that this is due to some lymphatic tissue on breast (not intrammamary lymph nodes) that sometimes get swollen if I have any infection/inflammation going on (which is quite often at perimenopause  >:(). Do your mammograms show anything?

XXX