Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi I'm Shelly and new  (Read 997 times)

Shellyhay

Hi I'm Shelly and new
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:12:52 PM »

Hi there
My names Shelly I'm 44 next month and wondering if I'm could be perimenopausal ?!
I experienced anxiety /panic attacks last year along with strange symptoms like heart palpitations, dizziness, headaches and a strange feeling as if I am being stung by a bee anywhere on my body and face. Also a feeling as if my legs are vibrating... sounds like I'm going mad doesn't it 😳. Anyways all seemed to calm some until this week when all of the above came back. My periods seem to be heavier and shorter but only by a day or so and I'm find the last few months I've had a pinkish discharge when ovulating. Any advice would be appreciated.my mom is convinced this is the case she said  not to young as she was 40.   X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi I'm Shelly and new
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes. Ask.  Sounds 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting  ::)

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Gentle exercise.  Plenty of fresh air and  :sunny: .

Will you be celebrating your birthday  with :cake: >hands over plate<  ;)

Shellyhay

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 04:36:30 PM »

Hopefully plenty of cake 🎂. Thanks for the welcome. When you say within normal limits do you mean it's possible that I  am at the start of my Perimenopause? Or just normal for my age ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:20:10 PM »

Both.  Loss of periods can happen at any age, though there are 'normal limits' as we age.  GPs still think that ladies don't get into menopause until 50+  ::) so it is important to 'go' on symptoms rather than age.  If there is a history of early menopause in families it's important to get good advice, HRT can protect heart and bones for example.

I had intermittent bleeds for 2-3 years then longer gaps between then hey presto! all stopped and I've been lucky in that non of the meno-symptoms have lasted long for me.  It's my itchy insteps as I step into the bath that are annoying as well as the itchiness across my back and shoulders at night.  Fortunately no hot flushes >phew< ...... but atrophy crept up without any knowledge at all, fortunately my GP was observant and suggested treatment.