Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Withhold monthly bleed on Elleste Duet  (Read 6032 times)

Skyflier67

Withhold monthly bleed on Elleste Duet
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »

Hello ladies

I wonder if anyone has any advice on delaying monthly bleed whilst on Elleste duet 1mg please.  I've worked out the bleed is due right before my sister's wedding (on a beach, light coloured dress as a bridesmaid eek). I really want to not be bleeding as is my holiday and my partner is taking me away to a 5 star resort in the dessert for a few days before the wedding.  Would I just miss out the green tablets and continue taking the white ones?  Could of course ask my GP but I just wondered if anyone had any experience of doing this? 

Thank you. SF

Hurdity

Re: Withhold monthly bleed on Elleste Duet
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »

Hi Skyflier67

It really depends where you are in menopause though.

If you are still peri-menopausal and your cycle is still fairly strong then it could override your continuation of the white  (oestrogen only) tablets and you might get a bleed anyway. Alternatively you could take the combi tablets and instead of swapping back continue for another two weeks with the combi tabs from the other pack - however again you might bleed anyway. Also depends on when you bleed usually ie after you stop the combi tabs and go back to the oestrogen only ( white) or during the combi (green) phase?

If you are post-menopausal then provided your womb lining has not built up too much then doing as Stellajane says and staying with the oestrogen only tabs should prevent your bleeding.

It's a bit of a minefield really!

The only sure way to guarantee to stop bleeding as I understand it is to go to the doc and take some extra tablets to prevent it (norethisterone maybe?). Also when is the wedding? If it is a few months away - you could experiment beforehand and see what happens.....

Alternatively if you think you are very late peri, you could ask for continuous combined HRT ie elleste duet conti straight after the next bleed and keep taking them until after the wedding. However many women get unpredictable bleeding or spotting on conti HRT for the first few months so that might not work either (although theoretically it should not be heavy if this occurs!)!

Hurdity x

Skyflier67

Re: Withhold monthly bleed on Elleste Duet
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »

Thank you both so much. I normally bleed the last week of the green tablets so I will try missing them out and see what happens. The worst that could happen is that I bleed anyway so I'm no worse off. Its normally pretty horrid but only lasts a day or two.  Its just the way of things that big events always fall right at the worst times lol.

I'm sure it will be wonderful! xx