Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sore, tender scalp.  (Read 11403 times)

Autumnlady

Re: Sore, tender scalp.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Hi CLKD

the fear makes me feel shaky, off balance, dizzy and my stomach churns. Depending on how bad it is. Sometimes it's mild and I can get through it. Sometimes I fear I will go into a panic. Imagine something you are terrified of and that is how it feels. A few years ago I felt like that most of every day for near on 8 weeks. It was hell.

I don't know what SLS is? But I did use Baby shampoo last year and my hairdresser said it was really harsh and took the colour off dyes more than anything else. Apparently it is non stinging to eyes but not much good otherwise.  You wouldn't have thought it!  It just shows that baby and childrens products aren't always the purest.

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »

SLS stands for Sodium Lauryl (or Laureth) Sulphate and it is a sulphate that is in household detergents.  It is a foamer which makes a lot of lovely lather but it is very harsh on the skin.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »

I know that there is 1 shampoo that can't be used if someone wants a hair dye as it won't take.  Of course I can't remember which shampoo it is  ::)

Autumnlady - I have a phobia and have lived in fear for most of my Life: no relieve at night due to nightmares  :'(.  Hence the need to take medication to keep it at bay as well as having an emergency pill to hand.  4 me it starts in my gut, straight into my thighs which go weak, into my calves and my brain starts ........

Autumnlady

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »

Thank you for the information Babyjane. I shall keep a look out for that. I do have very sensitive skin anyway so that ingredient wouldn't help.

CLKD - I am sorry to hear you suffer so much. Fear is the most horrible feeling. I do get the weakness all over when I go into full panic and it does start in the stomach area or jellied legs.

Your nightmares must be awful too. There's no let up sometimes. I had an odd dream last night. It was about very large spiders in the house. The dream went on for a while with these spiders coming and going. I am terrified of spiders but by the end of the dream I wasn't so frightened. Pity I didn't feel like that in real life as I would have heart failure seeing them that size lols.  I do think I had the dream because on Sunday morning I woke up and on the ceiling above my hubby's side of the bed was a large black spider. Needless to say I got out of bed very quick lols. I hate the things!

Evelyn63

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 05:26:45 PM »

Autumn Lady , I just lifted my hair up away from my scalp at the top/crown of my head and it was quite painful.  As someone else said, like releasing your hair after its been in a tight ponytail.  I suffer from migraines though they are only occasional now compared to when I was younger, the last one I had was just last week but I had forgotten how strange they make you feel.  I too get the aura's but also find difficulty with words, for instance I couldnt remember the name of lasagne, and said to my daughter, " you know the mince stuff with pasta sheets in between"  :o  or, for sweetcorn, " yellow peas"   Its a bit disconcerting but once I got home and had an early night I was ok next day just a bit washed out. I also get extremely anxious with them, en route home from my daughters I felt every other car on the road was out to get me and I was convinced I would never make it home in one piece. Luckily my husband is an excellent driver and kept telling me everything was ok but I felt embarrassed I was so uptight .

CKLD, I know you cant use the Philip Kinglsey Elasticiser before or immediately after colouring your hair as it interferes some way or other with the process.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:29:40 PM by Evelyn63 »

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »

I had my first panic attack at the age of 3  :'(

Johnsons baby shampoo has SLS in  >:( fortunately I don't react  :).

Autumnlady

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 07:13:44 PM »

Evelyn. thank you for your reply and how it has affected you. I often struggle with remembering words and have to explain the long way round like you did with the lasagne.  I have been like that for years. But I think I get like that when I am anxious about something. So am not sure why I get my sensitive scalp.

However, I have this to report as I had not tried it before and it might be an idea for other to try who have the same scalp problem. I washed my hair yesterday using just conditioner. I used the oatmeal conditioner I mentioned in a previous post (see, I can't remember the brand name now ::) I dried with the blow drier on medium heat and then straightened it. My head has not been sore since and my hair feels lovely and soft. It doesn't feel greasy as I had thought it might with not having used shampoo. I will do this again tomorrow and see if I get the same result. I'll let you know. What made me try this is that I was looking on the net for shampoos for grey hair as I am reluctant to put colours on when I am like this. It advised that for grey hair to condition every day but not to shampoo every day. I will be doing this every two days and just using the conditioner until or if my hair looks unwashed. I'll keep you informed.

CLDK - how awful to have suffered a panic attack at the age of three! How did you cope with that? I have always been a worrier but I didn't have my first panic attack until I was in my mid to late 20s. I think all my worrying escalated over the years. To start with it was all my mind and some butterflies in the tummy. But it eventually went past that and affected my physically. I just got more and more symptoms to cope with. Oh to not be a worrier. It would be marvellous!

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »

I obviously didn't cope or I wouldn't have had other attacks  :'(

Have you looked at the bottle of conditioner/shampoo to see what the difference is in the product?  What type of hair have you been gifted with?  Mine is now short and fine, having been long and fine until the mid-1980s. 

Autumnlady

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »

Yes, a bit of a daft question to have asked you there CLKD x It must be awful to have been so young and have to endure it.

I haven't looked at the conditioner label. It's the Garnier oatmeal for sensitive scalp. I must take a look. I have done just the conditioning again today and so far so good. Hair does not look greasy but I will shampoo as well as condition next time. Maybe shampoo every second or third time.

My hair is short but quite thick. The hairdresser often has to thin it out in places. So I am lucky in that respect - so far!!

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »

Not daft at all, perfectly logical question.  No one thought to discuss why and how to deal with anxiety attacks .......  :sigh: - no therapy suggested, told that I would 'grow out of it'  :-\ at age 32 I was still waiting then I went into therapy which did help.

Evelyn63

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 11:07:54 PM »

Check out GCA, just watched Trust me I'm a doctor and one of the symptoms was painful scalp and headaches .

http://www.pmrgca.co.uk/content/gca

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »

:thankyou:

Autumnlady

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »

OMG that GCA is not a good thing to be reading when suffering Health Alert. I have been like a wreck the past few days with anxiety and feeling panicky lols. Thankfully I have not had the main symptoms on the list. Fingers crossed I don't!

Evelyn63

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 01:07:48 PM »

OMG that GCA is not a good thing to be reading when suffering Health Alert. I have been like a wreck the past few days with anxiety and feeling panicky lols. Thankfully I have not had the main symptoms on the list. Fingers crossed I don't!

Sorry Autumn lady for upsetting you, It was just when he mentioned painful scalp i thought of you , and myself  ;)  It does us worriers no good reading this type of thing !

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »

Has there been any improvement?
Pages: 1 [2] 3