Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cutting dose two week update  (Read 1500 times)

Lizab

Cutting dose two week update
« on: February 22, 2017, 05:30:50 PM »

Just popping in to update on how going off hrt is going. I switched from a .50 patch to a .375 patch two weeks ago, and stopped progesterone. After a week, as I was having no ill effects, but definitely feeling a little better, I cut a 50 in half so I have effectively been on a 25 for a week.

So far, and I know it's early, the only effect I'm noticing is that I'm not crying over everything, which had been a problem both on and off of the progesterone since December.

My only complaint right now is that I still can't find the zest I once had. I am sleeping fine, but can't find the energy to do things. I think it's a mental lack of energy, as when I push myself I'm not lacking in physical ability at all. This was one of the things on my list before starting hrt, and hrt never got it fully under control. I am waking to a gentle flush some mornings, but that's been occurring for a month or more anyway. I blame the warm daytime temperatures we're having.

I'm thinking I'll stay on 25 for another few weeks, probably have to do one last course of progesterone, and assess from there.

dazned

Re: Cutting dose two week update
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »

Thanks for the update . Do keep us posted.

Hurdity

Re: Cutting dose two week update
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »

Do hope you stabilise Lizab and work out a regime that you can cope with and that gives you enough energy! That zest is so vital isn't it?! At least you are sleeping well. :)

Hurdity x