Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Just going round in circles  (Read 14285 times)

lollipop

Re: Just going round in circles
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 05:51:53 PM »

Hi Clare Thailand how lovely,when you get home you will kick yourself for what you have put yourself through on your holidays  :( just hope you make the right descision that suits you I personally have never taken anything but I would never say never,everybody's experience is different,just please try and relax n enjoy your experience in Thailand x

Clare11

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:35 AM »

Hi Lollipop,
How on earth do you cope if you don't take anything?
Any tips, ideas, thoughts would be great  :)
Or any one out there with any help, if only to help me through the holiday 8)
x

lollipop

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 08:12:07 AM »

Hi Clare my symptoms started around 2011/12 to be honest I don't know how I did it lol but I am one of those people who think get on with it,had a lot of shit happen over the last 20 years with parents passing away a massive house fire my motto is bring it on got through it standing still got my lovely hubby of 35years and 3 beautiful daughters and now a grandson to spoil rotten. My job as childminder helps cuz they keep me run ragged lol I don't have time sometimes to worry bout it xx

Clare11

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 03:31:23 AM »

Hi Lollipop, I totally understand. My parents have both passed away. I was treated twice for diving bends, one definitely, the other as a precaution. I have no sisters to talk to, brother lives in Wales over 3 hours from us. Best Friend is 6 years younger than me and hasn't started with peri but she tries to help all she can  :)
My worries are far worse in the morning, even here on holiday. I do my CBT excercises in the morning, write in my log but still they are there in the back of my mind, "bad chatterbox" I call it.
I just want to feel "normal" again.
I am even starting to think is it menopausal!!!! But then again it did come from out the blue I
And I have never ever been like this before, not even when I looked after mum and then had to move her to a home and then with her when she passed. I was also with Dad when he died.
Sometimes I wonder what else life is going to throw at us.
x

lollipop

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »

Morning Clare well at least you have found this site to help you along cuz it certainly helped me.yeah my fears are mora in the mornings was told it is your hormones dipping by midday feel right as rain lol and you can chat to me all day long if it helps :bighug: :bighug: my family and friends say I can talk for England ha .i have got 3sisters and I am the middle one we are all going through it my eldest sister only has flushes,roseaca acne,my youngest sister as got the bloody lot joint pains,flushes,palpitations,fuzzy head poor thing she lives next door to me and she is always knocking on my kitchen window looking for advice lol so feel free to ask xx

Clare11

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 02:19:22 AM »

Thank you, it does help and as you say this site is brilliant for help and finding things put, if only to know you are not on your own.
Bye the way it's pouring down here on holiday  ;) more time to write in my journal. ;)

Menomale

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 06:03:10 PM »

Hi Clare11,

I've been reading your story and just want to wish you well!

I'm afraid that the feeling of wanting to be ourselves again, before perimenopause/menopause hit with its ugly anxiety, only adds more to the anxiety because that is actually impossible. I see this time of life as a second adolescence when we lose track of who we are, what is going on with our bodies/brains, where we stand (are we young or old?),etc. It's worse than adolescence regarding future, health, death, but is the same regarding insecurity, misunderstanding (from people who are not experiencing the same), etc.

I'm here trying to remember how did I cope with my adolescence turmoil... maybe it could shed a light on how to cope with perimenoapause?

Sorry for the ramblings

XXX

Clare11

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »

Hi, ramblings appreciated. Have to say I don't remember how I coped with adolescence. I can't say it bothered me too much but do agree with you it's a very similar change re not knowing your body or mind.
As you say though the changes seem far more greater, much more impact, well they do to me.
This is why I keep thinking of AD's as the flushes are not so bad, it's the emotional turmoil or the bad chatterbox, these cause me so many problems.
My main problems with the Menopause seem to be more emotional rather than physical.
xx

lollipop

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »

Morning ladies hope you had a good weekend,Clare hope the rain as stopped for you paying all that money to go on holidays and it rains.i think the emotional side is probably worse if you got aches n pains you can fix them with meds or sumat our minds are impossible to tame like I said before Clare you do what's best for you,only you know what you are feeling like.xx

Clare11

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 12:54:57 PM »

Hi ladies, just to let you know rain is still coming and going but it's not bothering us. Been doing alot of thinking and talking with the OH all the emotions still there but handling them alot better. I am going to see the doctor when I get back with questions in hand re HRT and AD's.
I will get there
Have to say sitting watching the sun set dose make you think differently.
xx

lollipop

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »

Morning Clare when you back from your lovely holiday,hope it hasn't been spoiled by your dreaded symptoms.if your not back then don't come back it's bloody freezing lol.just done school run wiyh kids nearly landed on my arse it's that slippy ;D just texted me hubby saying I need another holiday lol I can't wait to see what he replies only been back 3weeks x

Clare11

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 01:54:17 AM »

Morning Lollipop,
Last day today, leave tomorrow.
It's been tougher than I thought, been some big ups and downs. I will be glad to be home even though I have enjoyed it, sounds sort of daft really but I have enjoyed being here in away.
I just don't get why I can't seem to think logically and know that my thoughts about dying are just thoughts and I will be ok. When home my look into trying Mindfulness.
Hope all is OK with you. Not looking forward to the cold.
Any ideas for your next holiday?
xx

Clare11

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »

Hi Sparkle,
Is your course on line? I have a book that implies it takes 8 weeks to follow to get the full impact.
x

lollipop

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »

Morning Clare and other lovely ladies me n oh are looking at a cruise it's bit like marmite love it or hate it my sister swears by it,but we will see I just keep thinking about the titanic lol but unfortunatley my oh is no Leonardo di caprio  ;D ;D.yeah I have heard of those mindfulness courses never looked into them to be honest,I can relate to that dreadful feeling that you are going to die on holiday why o why on your flipping holidays do we feel like it,then fine at home ???.i find myself looking round at older woman on holiday n thinking well she is older than me n she is still here after meno lol enjoying life,then I shake my head n laugh thinking you pillock you ain't going to die lol  :) what a great life MEN have got hahax

Clare11

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »

Oh Lollipop, how true, I have been looking at older ladies and thinking just the same, you made me smile ;)
Though I do get these thoughts at home too.
Never tried a cruise, friends have and luv them.
x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5