Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post meno spotting update  (Read 1150 times)

Lizab

Post meno spotting update
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:56:01 AM »

Hello! I wanted to post a quick update encouraging you all to get checked if you have any unexpected bleeding. I think it was November that I posted about trace amounts of spotting, but as I had only been off of hrt 10 months, and had not been a full year without a period before going on hrt, it wasn't certain that I was "officially" post menopause, so I did not seek any investigation. A few weeks ago I again experienced some extremely light spotting, but this time felt I should see a gynecologist. Through ultrasound he determined my lining was thickened enough to diagnose hyperplasia. Thankfully the biopsy came back clear, and I'm taking progestin to thin the lining.

I felt like I should share this as many of us come here wanting to hear that what we are experiencing is normal and ok, but if your instincts tell you something may be wrong, please go for professional help. The guidelines often referred to on this forum are just guidelines, individuals may fall outside the guidelines. Thanks for all the support!

Dancinggirl

Re: Post meno spotting update
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »

Thank you Lizab

You were wise to get things checked - pleased all was OK.  Any unusual bleeding should be investigated especially if you are post menopause.  Your experience is a lesson to us all.  DG x

am#

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »

Hi Lizab ,
I have the same diagnosis and would be interested to know what treatment you are having ,i have an injection(depo provera ) every 3 months (just had the second one) and i have to have another biopsy in may . From what i have read its something they keep treating and checking on for quite a while.
Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 04:43:36 PM »

Thanks for the update!

Lizab

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 09:57:43 PM »

am#,
I am taking 5mg Norethindrone 14 days per month for 3 months then a followup.  I don't anticipate any problems with the endometrium after the 3 months of treatment. I have POF and one ovary showed signs of activity in the last ultrasound. The one ovary trying to function, but not fully enough to make a period, is probably what thickened my lining. My guess is that after the 3 months, the gynecologist is going to want me on a hrt with continual progestin.

Dottyaboutdurham

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 10:17:07 PM »

Thanks for the information, useful for everyone to know, appreciated x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:55:42 PM »

Yes thanks for letting us know Lizab - it just shows that we are all individual and should consult a medical professional if at all worried and especially re bleeding which might appear abnormal. I hope the progestogen does the job without too much bother!

Hurdity x

Lizab

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »

Thank you, Hurdity! I feel much better on this one than I felt on Utrogestan. If I have to go back on hrt, it looks like I'll be one of the odd ones that does better with synthetic.