Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 8 months on from start of HRT - advice gratefully received  (Read 3681 times)

Jasmine3234

8 months on from start of HRT - advice gratefully received
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »

Hi, I started on Femoston 1/10 3 months ago, then moved to 2/10 3 months later.

I struggled through the side effects (bloating, headaches, nausea etc etc) as I did feel the benefits were overriding the bad side effects (though it did take about 3 months and I nearly chucked them out of the window!).

Things started to settle down a bit, but what I have noticed is that I am getting "morning sickness" when I am on the progestogen phase of the HRT, along with that crushing fatigue thing, which had really improved.  Also I am suffering some night sweats again, which never really went away completely, but were definately better.  I also felt like I had a temperature yesterday.  "Period pains" are also very bad, regardless of whether there is blood.

Also I sometimes seem to have a clear, odourless wetness?

Any advice would be welcome xxxx 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 8 months on from start of HRT - advice gratefully received
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:26 PM »

Some ladies really struggle with the progesterone part of HRT  >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »

It may be partly due to your own hormones kicking in if you are peri-menopausal and perhaps in the early stages - since HRT pills do not suppress ovulation and the menstrual cycle carries on to some extent in the background. The progestogen dose in Femoston 1/10 is the same as in 2/10.

Make sure you eat well and perhaps reduce intake of pure sugars and refined carbs, and replace with low fat protein rich foods, nuts, plenty of fresh fruit and veg etc. This might help with the nausea by stabilising your blood sugar levels? Maybe eat something like a banana and/or small glass of milk before you go to bed abnd see if that makes any difference to you?

Hurdity x

nessyj

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »

Omg it's not just me!!!
I'm on 4th month of femoston conti 2/10 and the nausea on the white pills & fatigue is debilitating.  I do so well on the pink, exercise hard, eat well and then on the white a few days in I get headaches, nausea, fatigue.  I just stopped taking it yesterday as it's affecting my life now. 
Never ever had period pain until now. 

Jasmine3234

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:07:55 PM »

Hi, thanks for your replies.x

It's just that I have stuck it out for so long now and while things are better, I am finding a definite link with the pills.

I start feeling really bad about 7 days into the white (Progestogen) pills... I am starting a bleed about 5 days before the end of the white pills.  Then it's taking 3 or 4 days into the pink to start feeling reasonably normal again. 

However, I was on Cerazette for 13 years or so, with no bleed.  So maybe my poor bod is taking forever to settle down. 

I am upset that the night sweats are starting again and can anyone comment on this clear wetness that seems to be there a lot? 

Thanks everyone xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »

The wetness is could well be due to increased oestrogen - a sign of increased lubrication! If there is no odour, irritation or pain anywhere in your vagina, bladder or pelvic region then no need to worry. I can't comment on the night sweats but if they do not settle on the higher dose of Femoston it could be you need to change to a transdermal HRT preparation, as you may not be absorbing it well ( although that contradicts what I just said about the wetness!).

Hurdity x