Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy tomorrow. Advice please  (Read 6162 times)

flossie fiddler

Re: Hysteroscopy tomorrow. Advice please
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 12:44:35 AM »

Hi Jess,

Yes, basically what Hurdity said. Mine is around 6-7mm diameter and the stem is quite thick. They would have removed it at the time but due to the size, I would have needed GA. As I had eaten, and they didn't have enough time at the end of the day to do the procedure once 6 hours had passed since my banana snack, it was decided I would go back at a later date.

I wish I could have had it removed, because now it's been disturbed and everything has been pulled about, the slightest movement is causing bleeding. I'm not too worried, as it's only been 3 days, and I've been bleeding like this for months.

I'm going to give it until Tuesday to settle down a bit, and if it hasn't, I'll ring the hospital. It's not heavy, just inconvenient.

Waterdaggers

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »

Thank you for putting my mind at rest Hurdity and Flossie. I will stop stressing about it! Not had the slightest bit of bleeding from my polyp... only know about it because it was seen on a scan... so hopefully that means it won't cause too many problems!

Flossie I hope the bleeding settles down soon and good luck with your op xx

flossie fiddler

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 03:26:30 AM »

I had surgery under GA to remove the polyp yesterday and all went well and as expected. Have had very little bleeding post-op, but a fair bit of cramping/pain. Nothing I can't cope with though, just very tender.

The day before, I had a GP appt and after taking advice from the gynaecologist consultant, I'm going back on Evorel Sequi which I was on originally. I was never post-meno when I started HRT but the abnormal bleeding which started 6 months in was investigated and the gynaecologist at the time (a different one) suggested Conti after not finding anything (I didn't have a hysteroscopy that time). The bleeding continued over around 6 months and started to get worse so my doc insisted on further tests and the rest is history.

Regarding the procedure, if anyone is having it, don't worry it's not so bad. I had the first hysteroscopy under local, but the polyp removal under general. Both were OK but for me GA was preferable. A nice deep sleep and woke up when it was all over feeling very refreshed.

I'm signed off work for a week, and I'm up in the wee small hours on night 1 as the cramps woke me. Just having a cuppa and some paracetamol then I'll be off back to bed.

I have 2 more Conti patches to use up and then in a weeks time I will be starting back on Sequi. This time I'm hoping any bleeding will be regular and controlled.

Hope my experiences, and sharing them on here, will help anyone who is having hysteroscopy and/or polyp removal

Tracey

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 01:08:27 PM »

:foryou:

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 04:36:08 PM »

Thanks for the update Flossie Fiddler and glad it went well for you. How far into menopause do you think you are? Just that if you have a strong cycle you might be out of sync initially re the withdrawal bleed and the HRT cycle vs your own. However if you are fairly late peri then your cycle will be unpredictable - but you may still get some bleeding now and again at the "wrong" time.

Hope you are feeling better today and got some sleep in the end :)

Hurdity x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

I was around a year to 18 months peri when I first went on HRT aged 49. Both Mum and sis hit peri around age 48, and I seem to have followed the same pattern.  I'm 52 in March and will have been on HRT 3 years in March. I'm guessing I will be pretty close to menopause by now. My sister's periods had all but stopped by the time she turned 53 and went on HRT. She's now 57 and is just coming off HRT to see how she gets on.

My GP did warn me that when I go back on Sequi there may still be some irregularity for a while firstly due to settling down after surgery and secondly due to possible breakthrough bleeding. She's given me 6 months worth of Sequi but wants to see me in 3 months. When I was on Sequi at the beginning of my HRT journey, all was fine, but the bleeding became irregular after around a year.

I'm hoping that now the polyp has been removed things will settle down. I know polyps can recur, but I've had a positive experience, so wouldn't be worried if I had to have the same procedure again at a later date.

Tracey
Pages: 1 [2]