Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anyone take fluoxetine 20 mg for anxiety  (Read 1882 times)

sue bot

Anyone take fluoxetine 20 mg for anxiety
« on: December 16, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »

Hi anyone take these tablets for anxiety  I chocked on some food a few months ago was not to good eating at first but it got better I have just been on holiday and while I was there I started feeling really anxious about eating out and started to feel panics we where self catering so I stared eating in but the more I thought about the more my throat closed up
So visit to the doctor today he prescribed 20 mg of fluoxetine anyone else's take them and can they be addicted

Dyan

Re: Anyone take fluoxetine 20 mg for anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:25:10 PM »

Sue bot- hi! I take 100mg fluoxetine for OCD. You cannot get addicted to ADs. You go on them gradually and you come off them gradually. I have to take mine for life.
You may feel worse when you start taking them,but this will pass,and if you can tolerate that, then you will begin to feel better in a few wks. X

sue bot

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »

Thanks for reply I stared taking them on Saturday but noticed a few headaches but I will carry on with them to see if it passes

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 07:34:01 PM »

You may feel a little 'hung over' initially ……. that should pass.

B4 this recent episode, had you been OK with eating?  Anxiety makes my stomach tighten for example so I can't eat anything ….. but when I'm OK than I am OK!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »

My husband has been taking fluoxetine since 2002 for severe depression and it is a life saver literally.  He knows he will have to take it for life because every time he has tried to come off it the severe depression comes back so for him chemical imbalance is truly true! 
He had very mild stomach effects and heaadaches for first 3 weeks but they settled down.