Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It never rains but it pours!  (Read 6312 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: It never rains but it pours!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »

Thanks Mazzy.

CLKD your peas are passing into folklore in this house ;D ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:17 PM »

That's good - if I run out I'll know where to come  ;)

Evelyn63

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 04:25:32 PM »

Bless him, hope the splint helps Countrybumpkin, he should start to get some relief once the swelling settles , make sure he keeps on top with analgesia, hubby declared himself " better " last night, refused all painkillers and wonders why today he is almost back to square one, seriously ??? He's now taken all he was prescribed and is cautiously optimistic that things are improving . ::)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »

His thumb is enough to turn your stomach and needs to be kept hidden from the public :o  the nail is now loose and will def be dropping off in the future and mixture of jet black and ghostly white. Still massively swollen so could be quite a time before he can wear his splint but the swelling prevents any movement anyway. 
He is still in quite a bit of pain but saving his painkillers for nighttime ::)
Mentally he is bored and frustrated because he can't do any of the things he normally does ( involves being in his workshop making and mending things!). 
He has never been one to sit down or watch telly so some adjusting needed.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 09:30:40 PM »

How's your back?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 08:58:50 PM »

I have been left with weird sciatica in left leg, Back of thigh and back of heel. Keep getting electric shock type pains  or neuralgia type pains seemingly in the skin but thankfully not constantly.  HOpefully will calm down given time!

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 10:52:02 PM »

That shooting sciatic pain can really make 1 go 'ouch!' ……. bag of peas any use ?  :whist:

countrybumpkin

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 11:03:20 AM »

No not the peas not the peas :o :o

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »

:lol:   - behind you ! (oh no no they aren't )  :whist:

Evelyn63

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 08:36:14 PM »

How are you now Country Bumpkin ?  and what about hubby's thumb ? Hope things are improving for both of you.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 10:41:22 PM »

::)  Well himself's thumb is much less painful as long as he does not touch it but it looks horrible as the nail is partly off so he is having to keep it covered up all the time. STill got 4 weeks for the bone to heal.
My sciatica had got worse and worse over past 2 weeks probably not helped by having to do xmas and new year so was on my feet alot. Was at that stage of wondering how on earth I could put up with the pain constantly.  I booked into my chiropractor today who knows me well and he did alot of acupuncture and ultrasound and careful movement.  I find acupuncture agony when the needles are in the places that are most inflamed so its not pleasant but can be effective. Since then my leg pain is improved but for how long who knows!  Poor husband also has a bad back and his sciatica is also giving him hell. Its opposite leg to me so we can limp in tandem ;D
So two limping oldies one saying " mind my thumb" ::)
Thanks for asking x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »

I thought that acupuncture needles were inserted into areas not connected to the actual problem  :-\ ........ I couldn't tolerate them at all, anywhere!

What a dramatic way for him to get out of the washing up   ;)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »

for general problems the needles are placed in different places but to treat acute pain from the spine they put them where they are needed to increase blood flow to reduce inflammation I was told.  Plus anyone with chronic pain feels everything intensly which is part of the problem as the nervous system is hyper sensitive so what would not be painful for someone without chronic pain can be very painful for the pain sufferer, this certainly applies to me!!
Pages: 1 [2]