Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Emergency anxiety pill  (Read 11472 times)

Annie0710

Re: Emergency anxiety pill
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 08:00:09 PM »

Annie,
I stopped taking them when i started to take an inhaler every day but my doc said they would be ok to take on occasion to deal with palpitations - so could be a goer for you?

Bramble

I read up on it Bramble, thankyou !

There is a possibility I could get these prescribed as it'd be occasional use.  Plus they could help when I go out for a meal, my heart races when I'm sitting eating (something to do with blood rushing to stomach to digest and robbing upper body of blood) , whatever it is it's a nasty thing

I really appreciate your help xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »

Maybe have a biscuit about half an hour B4 you go out for a meal?  I find if I get too hungry I can't eat at all once we
arrive  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 08:34:03 PM »

No it's definitely not that CKLD

I was told I had arrhythmia and when I asked initially about why I feel faint during and after eating large meals (worse when I'm out as I have to sit upright whereas st home I can lay down after) dr said it's because the artery gets squashed reducing blood flow to brain, then later I've been told it's because blood rushes to stomach to digest leaving brain/heart with reduced flow.  Whichever theory the results are the same that's why now I don't finish each course or I just have a starter as a main

X

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »

Oh I've done that for years ……. with the idea of eating a pudding but the 'starters' are so large and tasty that I never get to the sweet trolley  ;D

bramble

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 10:11:09 AM »

Annie. Let us know how you get on at the docs. The most common bb for palpitations is propranolol but I think most bbs act the same way. (I was on bisoprolol). As I said before, docs are very much less likely to prescribe benzos these days even for occasional use.
Bramble

Annie0710

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »

Thanks Bramble.  I would rather try the mildest thing first so BBs seem to be a good 1st choice, will just have to beg to let me try some with asthma

I'm off work today because I've had a sickness bug this weekend.  So Friday will be my next available day for docs x

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 12:26:31 PM »

I've taken BBs since 2002 and never been aware that my heart palpates [unless Himself is close by  :-*;)

I take 20mg night and morning of Propranolol.

bramble

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 12:55:14 PM »

Perhaps I should have said anxiety/palpitations?

Bramble

Annie0710

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »

Oh I just lost my reply !

My palps appear anytime/anywhere
Sitting on my couch playing on my phone one evening this year my rate hit an all time high and we recorded it at 199bpm

Fortunately it went to a more manageable rate reasonably quick

X

Michelle46

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 01:18:28 PM »

Hi ladies
I take propomolol for anxiety. I take 20 mg in the morning. My heart constantly is racing,I never feel rested. I feel on the edge and jittery. I would love to feel calm again x

Annie0710

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »

Hi Michelle

Are you still in peri ? My palpitations were horrendous in peri but since being post they have calmed down x

Michelle46

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 02:35:04 PM »

Yes Annie I am (well I think so).
I went on HRT in April. Before I went on it my period only lasted a couple of days and was between 22 and 30 days. I've had the most horrific year. I've had head pressure,burning mouth syndrome,sleeping a couple of hours a night at most. Osteoarthritis which has come in my fingers and foot. Nausea,acid reflux,tmj problems and the first part of the year I went through depression,panic attacks constantly,not wanting to go anywhere at all etc. Tight chest,palpitations,you name it. The anxiety was/is frughtening but I keep telling myself it will end. I don't know where I am now in my journey of this because I'm on hrt  :'(

Annie0710

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

Aw bless you I had many of your symptoms inc burning mouth (had never heard of it before)

I haven't had periods since I was 32 due to hysterectomy so have had to rely on hormone tests to tell me where I'm at

I'm better than I was in peri but unfortunately no one can say all symptoms will go.  Although it now seems my ovaries have disintegrated so that might be some of the reason I'm still getting symptoms.  So hard to call when it comes to meno

You don't have to settle on your first hrt if you haven't had any relief from symptoms.  It's not a cure but there might be something more suitable for you to try

X

Michelle46

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2016, 03:09:58 PM »

Thankyou Annie. I notice you're on testim gel. Is it any good? X

Annie0710

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »

It's still early days for me

I'm probably in the last week mastering the correct dose, it's hard to judge looking at a tube to make it last 10 days and a pea size makes the tube last ages

Benefits so far: hair more manageable

Eyelashes have grown

Dry eye better in evenings

Tad more stamina

Skin feels/looks better

Improved wellbeing (not back to normal but happy with an improvement)

I sleep better

No effects/side effects:
No increase in libido/response yet

Acrylic nails aren't staying on !

Hair gets greasy quick

That's off the top of my head

X

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4