Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Stress bunny...  (Read 3641 times)

Mary1962

Stress bunny...
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:54 PM »

So across last 4-5 years I've ridden the wave of awful very heavy cycles and physical symptoms/problems (weight gain, loss of confidence, "who am I again" type feelings).  Just about rode the wave across the last year of random sobbing and panic attacks coming out of the blue.  But now I find myself with a reactive stress level that seems not to want to pass - and I hate it.  I feel I could implode with stress and anger sometimes - doesn't take much to set me off.  Assuming just another delightful symptom to endure for a while before it passes.  Please someone tell me this too will come to pass?!   :o

dulciana

Re: Stress bunny...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 07:26:28 AM »

Mary1962, I know exactly what you mean.  My reactive stress levels are very high, too.  Is there anything you can avoid, ever, to give your stress levels less to react to?  I'm hoping this will pass, like you, but meanwhile, I'm getting quite good at avoiding the sometimes very tiny triggers that I know, for me, will have a big effect.  Maybe you could use this as a time to indulge in the good things in life!  e.g. I've taken to hiding behind a good book (not having been very much of a reader before), as a calming form of escapism - so definitely no thrillers!   It's things that take me out of myself that seem to work. I'm not really surprised at that because the meno has made me more introspective than I ever used to be and things get to me much more.   I hope things improve for you.    :foryou:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:41:26 AM by dulciana »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »

Stress feeds on itself  >:(.  Brisk walking?  Yoga? Swimming? Cycling ………

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 08:22:23 PM »

I'm worse at this time of year  >:( ……..

Mary1962

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »

Thanks all.  I'm relatively fit and try and walk in lunchtimes at work and fairly active at weekends too and defo it helps clear the head. Much of the stuff that comes my way is not of my making but it just surprises me how I react to it these days! It always seems when I have the least to give I am expected to give the most and cope with it all. I've just backed out of a busy weekend away as for the distance I was having to drive for the shortness of the event and having to cope with the M25 for part of the journey after a full week at work I just knew it would cause me to have a meltdown somewhere en route with the traffic particularly as I have an older car - not that long ago I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid.  And as you say sparkle this time of year everyone ends up feeling pooped by December and with Christmas hurtling towards us too  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 07:49:41 PM »

It's not called 'the change' for nowt!

Lizab

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:48:31 PM »

I have no idea what the M25 is but I logged on today exactly because of the stress. I feel like I'm being pelted with stones at every turn. There's not really any particular big stressor that I can identify. It's all the little things. My oldest presented a last minute project deadline on me that he needs help with. My mother wants me to choose kitchen appliances for her to gift to me for Christmas. That should be great news but I can't set aside the time. My plan for tonight's meal was ruined when I went to the cellar to get potatoes and found they have all already sprouted and gone soft. I already had the meal underway. It's only early December!  Everything anyone wants from me seems urgent. Today I was trying to decide whether to eat or to have a shower, no time for both. What I don't understand is that we all have the same 24 hours in a day, why am I always so short in time? My life is easy in comparison to many. I don't work. Money is not excessive but sufficient. Most everything that needs to be in working order is (car, house, heat, etc). I cannot get it together and am sick of feeling all this stress for no reason! I suppose I should be thankful that it's constant low level reactive stress and not panic attacks coming out of the blue.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »

Lizab - The M25 is a UK Motorway around London - so busy that it's known as the largest car park in the World  ::).  One needs to take a flask and sandwiches ……..

Maybe ask your Mum to print you an IOU to use in the New Year?  Items may well be cheaper too  ;) and perhaps she could go choose with you? 

Is there a school time-table that everyone can look at each evening?  That way deadlines can be avoided.  In the New Year maybe suggest that if there's a problem that needs your input, then the project gets handed in to the Tutor at that point?  You won't always be around to help out ;-).

Lizab

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:37:35 PM »

You are so sweet with the suggestions, CLKD. But all of these are minor everyday obstacles. I can't go delegating and rearranging til I have absolutely nothing left to do. I just wish it didn't feel like a big bump in the road everytime something minor comes up. And shop WITH my mother? Haha hahahha I'm still learning my limits, but I learned long ago that shopping with her is bad for my mental health.

Milamam

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 04:40:31 AM »

Hi Lizab,
I can totaly sympathise eith what you wrote! There are days when I just cant handle it! I get this sense of overwhelmness and total inability to organize and prioritize and I end up with shaking hands, racing heart, headache , stress. The triggers are no different than other "normsl" days, its just my inability to cope! I totally agree with you, there is nothing significant going on to cause this fake stress, so I have concluded it is hormones and fluctuations! Then there are days when I accomplish so much without blinking an eye!

When I get this overwhelmed feeling, and a stressed day, I tell myself "this too shall pass"! It usually does. I also make the time on purpose to lay down and read a bit, to calm down or distract myself from the frenziness that goes on in my head. It usually helps. But all in all, I just wait out these days to pass. Hm, not sure if this is helpful.

Milamam x

nearly50

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 05:18:30 PM »

I'm on holiday in the sun and still feel stressed even though I have nothing to worry about. I had an adrenaline rush and feeling of impending danger when all I was doing was lying in a sun lounger! I would genuinely think I was going mad if it wasn't for this forum as no one I know seems to be affected the same way.