Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil  (Read 126621 times)

warwick01

Re: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »

Tempest,

Such good news your doing well......... ;)

I wish I could manage without HRT but I can't cope with anxiety and already since stopping Tibolone I can feel it lurking :( that's why I kept going with the Tibolne as it stopped anxiety/panic etc.

I have stuck half of a 75 patch on just to help me over the next few days.

Anjia - YES the dizziness has been horrendous, in fact it got worse the longer I was taking Tibolone.

Wxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »

Just popping by! Oh, Warwick! You wee soul! You really have been a soldier. Sending many hugs to you!

Dear Annie! I'm so glad you're feeling good on just half a tablet! Who knew? Biggest hugs to you!

Well, I'm 56 days with no HRT and guess what? No problems! Flushes gone, night sweats gone. No anxiety! No joint pain! Had DEXA, no osteopenia or osteoporosis ! Saw cardiologist, he's not worried - latest from BHF states that the latest research indicates that HRT isn't cadioprotective after all (I'll post the link he directed me to on their website).

My diet is now exemplary - added zinc, b6, vitamin c, d and e rich foods. Absolutely no refined sugar and few refined carbs - plenty of protein. I'm enjoying all this, by the way!

And dizziness? None!!! I'll never forget my time on Tibolone, and not in a good way! Glad for the ladies it's suiting though (wonder how Suzanne is doing now btw)?

Much love to you all! xxxxxx

Really pleased for you Tempest, a pleasure to read this post. Keep well x

Annie0710

« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »

Fabulous update Tempest, my god you deserve some positivity at last !

Keep in touch x

Anjia

« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »

Its really good to here that some people can do fine without HRT but some of us cant cope without it even though we have tried so I would prefer not to here the bad things coming out again now its bad for your heart !! Thats just my opinion.

Tempest

« Reply #709 on: April 20, 2017, 06:14:28 PM »

Oh no! I didn't want to upset anyone - if my visits here and posts cause upset, I'll keep them scarce.

I was just pointing out the latest research on the cardio benefits of HRT as relayed by my Cardiologist and published on the BHF website. If you read the article, it states that the risks outweigh the benefits before the age of 60 and that SOME types of HRT can carry a risk (i.e. oral - so if you're on patches/gel/implants, you're fine).

Most people can get off HRT if they chose to. The secret is to prepare well and support your nervous system, coming off at a time when you have the least amount of stress in your life as possible. The symptoms you get when lowering/coming off are mostly rebound withdrawal symptoms and should pass if one takes good care but they won't go overnight. Menopause in itself is in effect the withdrawal of the body from hormones - a 'transition'. It isn't permanent for the vast majority of people.

Good luck everyone, and i wish you all very well.

Much love,

Tempest xxxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #710 on: April 20, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »

Oh Anjia you can't worry about things like that.  Quality of life over quantity.  The forum is full of pros and cons of everything.  It's up to the individual to pick out what we feel we need and address it.  I take oral hrt so probably at highest risk, am I bothered ? No, not while I'm feeling ok

Tempest has had concerns about heart and bones and I think she started hrt purely for those benefits, since realising she's better off without she has been given new information

Tempest

« Reply #711 on: April 20, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

Annie, the Tibolone is so low dose and has been proven not to increase clotting risk for DVT, so you're fine. Carry on enjoying the benefits! Much love! xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #712 on: April 20, 2017, 07:51:33 PM »

Annie, the Tibolone is so low dose and has been proven not to increase clotting risk for DVT, so you're fine. Carry on enjoying the benefits! Much love! xxxxx

Aw bless you Tempest but I've known my hrt I've been on for 18 yrs probably put me at higher risk of breast cancer but you can't live your life like that can you ? I smoked for years, I drive a car, the list goes on of things that are dangerous x

milliem

« Reply #713 on: June 23, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »

Hi CBA
Just new on this site, post menopausal and worse symptoms are anxiety and lack of confidence, don't recognise myself anymore, just signed off work again with stress, have been keen to avoid any meds and take herbal supplements, menopause support, vit d, probiotics and omega 3,6,9, can you tell me if the tibilone and testerone still working for you??
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]