Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urgent hysteroscopy tomorrow  (Read 3889 times)

Dollydream

Re: Urgent hysteroscopy tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »

Thanks Michelemabelle, I think I might do that  :) I've got a review with the GP mid July for the oestrogel, so it would be good to go armed with some advice.  In the meantime, I'm going to cut down to 1 pump and see if I can cope with that x

Ljp

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

Glad all went well, how much of a bleed did you have? I've been on Mirena and oestrogel for 18 months the, had an ultrasound a month ago as the strings of Mirena have disappeared, Mirena still in place thank fully, and lining thin.
But about a week after scan, I had light spotting for about 10 days, all fine now. Like you I have reduced oestrogel, I was on 2.5 pumps, currently on 1.5 but plan to drop to 1 after a couple of weeks.

My DR said if I wanted to stop estrogel, I wouldn't have to have coil removed, but I'm concerned re over thinning of uterus lining if I were to try that.
But then again it would protect uterus from any potential effects of using estring....my HRT journey started with a light post meno bleed sux months after starting local estriol cream....hence hysteroscopy and gynae suggesting coil.

Dollydream

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »

Hi Ljp
Do you mean how much of a bleed after the hysteroscopy?  Quite a lot.  It's starting to get less this evening though.  It's good to hear that all was well on your ultrasound.  How are you finding reducing the oestrogel, have you noticed your meno symptoms returning? x

Ljp

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »

Hi Dollydream, sorry didn't explain myself well, no I meant prior to your hysteroscopy, how much of ableed did you have? What dose of oestrogel were you on to cause the lining to build up?
I've decreased mine for the past three weeks and so far no noticeable changes, fingers crossed 1.5 is keeping everything ok.

Dollydream

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »

Hi Ljp

I was on 2 pumps and had bleeding/spotting on and off up to the 5th month on the coil then everything settled down nicely for a month and this seemed to be after I changed area of application and started putting the gel on my shoulders/arms (maybe a coincidence).  Then a week before I went on holiday and started putting fake tan lotion on my arms (fake tan applied in morning and gel at night), spotting started. Then on holiday (using sun tan lotion) I had a bleed and on and off spotting in the following week.  Put 1 pump on last night.  Hope I can get by with just 1 pump or it's back to the drawing board yet again.  Glad to hear that you're OK decreasing the gel Ljp.

DollyD xx

Ljp

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »

I think some of us Mirena users do get occasional spotting, from my understanding it's just the Mirena doing it's job, the same way that those who use utrogestan as their progesterone might have a bleed.

I think Dr's err in the side of caution which is always a good thing, but can most definitely worry us!
Pages: 1 [2]