Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Re itchy labia and hydromol  (Read 7900 times)

Midnight Shadow

Re itchy labia and hydromol
« on: November 16, 2016, 04:08:01 PM »

Has anyone used the Hydromol ointment for itchy Labia? I just itch in the one small area and it is usually in the early hours of the morning. Seem to remember someone recommending this ointment. Now all burning has subsided I would like to get rid of this itching. Have used Multi Actigel, Live Yoghurt and Vagisil. Thanks for any replies.

Katty

Re: Re itchy labia and hydromol
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 04:19:37 PM »

I had the ointment on prescription once. I found it was OK as a barrier cream once healing had taken place but it needed to be used in conjunction with Betnovate in my case as it wasn't enough to prevent itching.

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »

I have used Dermol before.  My husband was given it for a skin problem - it is a moisturiser and  also a soap substitute.  I have read that it is ok on the nethers.  I came across it accidently when I thought I was getting thrush and put thrush cream on - only it burned, so I had to get it off quickly.

It looks ok - it does not have the dreaded sodium laureth sulphate in.  It does have a humectant in which 'penetrates the skin and attracts moisture to it'.  I remember that on the thread about vaginal moisturiser that things that force moisture into the skin can be irritating.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33327.msg534160.html#msg534160

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 04:36:29 PM »

I use Hydromol - have used it for a year or so. to help with my VA  I use it every day  -works for me !
💚💚Ssx

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »

Thanks girls, might give it a try. Am hoping the itching subsides very soon. Can't believe how many of us are suffering. Costs a fortune trying all the different creams. Will let you know how I get on. Have had betnovate before but it was rather strong for me.

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »

Local oestrogen?

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »

Also have you been checked for LS ? Lichen Scerlosis ( sp)

Maryjane

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »

Sorry lol . My itch so far has gone since HRT increased.