Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Vaginal dryness - Vagifem or Ovestin?  (Read 47266 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Vaginal dryness - Vagifem or Ovestin?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »

Well ladies, I'm a little baffled! I used the first Vagifem last night, no negative reactions so far which is a good thing for me, BUT I've had considerable mucus all day today. I am still most definitely on an oestrogen low, flushes fairly constant day and night so I know it's not my usual reaction to an oestrogen hike and I have none of my other usual symptoms.

GP did say that given my sensitivity to hormone change I may see some fast reaction but could this really stimulate this quickly whatever has been completely dormant for the past two months?  ??? I'm not complaining because today has been a lot more comfortable and I didn't need to use the Sylk this morning.

babyjane

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »

I saw mr Nick Panay last week , and he says as we age the scars tighten with the atrophy and can cause lots of trouble , I have been told to massage the scars with a dilator regularly with a blob of ovestin on the end to soften the scars.

This comment is very useful as last weekend my skin split next to my episiotomy scar.  I could only think that scar tissue does not stretch like unscarred tissue and the skin is terribly thin in that area due to VA.

I find it much easier to accept and deal with something if I know there might me a logical cause for it so thank you for the comment Maryjane

Elizabethrose

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 05:50:43 PM »

Oh babyjane, that sounds so painful. Thank goodness for this forum, I didn't even know that VA existed till I came on here. My nether regions look like a map of the London underground. After Maryjane's comment I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on my scars, especially the Northern Line going south!! x

babyjane

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »

Thank goodness for this forum, I didn't even know that VA existed till I came on here. 

Same here, I learned so much when I first joined.  I am sure I would have been at the doctors a lot more if I hadn't joined this forum  :)

After Maryjane's comment I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on my scars, especially the Northern Line going south!! x

:)

Dorothy

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 07:17:39 PM »

Well ladies, I'm a little baffled! I used the first Vagifem last night, no negative reactions so far which is a good thing for me, BUT I've had considerable mucus all day today. I am still most definitely on an oestrogen low, flushes fairly constant day and night so I know it's not my usual reaction to an oestrogen hike and I have none of my other usual symptoms.

GP did say that given my sensitivity to hormone change I may see some fast reaction but could this really stimulate this quickly whatever has been completely dormant for the past two months?  ??? I'm not complaining because today has been a lot more comfortable and I didn't need to use the Sylk this morning.

It's a few months back for me, but I remember it working fairly quickly.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 09:32:12 PM »

Thanks Dorothy, I'm just pretty amazed, though to be honest with my history I don't know why I am!. Let's hope it continues! x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:34 PM »

Vagifem seems to be doing a great job so far with no irritation thank goodness, BUT I've used Yes WB again and it really does make me react. Has anyone else reacted to this? We set off out on Saturday morning for a full day of activities and I thought I'd use a blob of Yes on the outside: ooh I squirmed until I could find myself a loo in order to try to remove the pesky stuff.

DG had recommended Sylk to me which seems fine, though I haven't tried it since reacting to Yes on Saturday, bit scared to!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

I find I react to all of them to some extent including the Yes, I have to say, for me, Sylk is the worse!
I keep getting annoyed as my doctor keeps adding it to my repeats without me asking for it :(

Elizabethrose

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »

Thanks for your response Tinkerbell. I suppose we are all very different. Maryjane had posted a paper that Nick Panay had co-authored on Vaginal moisturisers and lubricants and Yes seemed to come top for PH analysis etc. I suppose all it takes is one ingredient that an individual may be sensitive to. I'm allergic and reactive to a lot so I'm really pleased that I haven't reacted to the Vagifem so far. Think I might give it a few days and try the Sylk again. x

babyjane

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 03:59:34 PM »

Try organic coconut oil and don't take my word for it, do a search on the forum.  I learned about it here  :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »

Oh thanks babyjane, I have a pot of Tiana, which is organic, raw extra virgin coconut oil which somebody gave me and I haven't opened. (Don't think they had thought I might consider it on my ailing bits!) Do you use it just for a daily lubricant? x

Hurdity

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2016, 04:06:04 PM »

Or you could ask for Estriol cream ( the generic 0.01%, not Ovestin) as well as the Vagifem, and depending on the ingredients - just to rub around the external area if that's how you are using the moisturisers. I've never used them myself but use Estriol with no problems whatsoever..

Hurdity x

Maryjane

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2016, 04:14:26 PM »

You could try the YES Shea butter ?

Theybwill send a free sample first , they have also just bought out a new YES product called VM vaginal moisturiser, along the lines of replens without the nasties , again ask for a free sample.

I used the coconut oil once and 😳 we are all so different. I have never moisturised my face ever , or wear makeup but my " nether regions " Dear Lord it's crazy.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I did have this conversation with my GP. Given my ridiculous sensitivity to added hormones she wanted to try one at a time to see how I reacted. I'm not completely sure I actually need anything externally as the Vagifem is doing a brilliant job so far, used the Yes Saturday as I had a heavy walking day. I won't be using it again!

I'm going to give the Sylk another try but also try the coconut oil suggested by babyjane.

Thanks ladies x

Just seen your post Maryjane - why only once, did you react to it? (Need to change my specs, your emogi is too small for me to see!!) I'll check out the Yes website. x

Maryjane

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 05:21:42 PM »

Yes I reacted to it really burnt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4