Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Tibolone diary/experience  (Read 67756 times)

Anjia

Re: Tibolone diary/experience
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »

Oh gosh thinking about it I felt so full after meals to !   Dont worry to much it could be fine for you give it a go I was on estrogen only like you I am now back on it.

ClumpyClaire

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »

Following this thread.... :)

Sooze

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:12 PM »

Oh my goodness, how the time flies......just over 10 months on Tibolone.

So I picked my prescription last month (and the current 3 month pack) from Boots rather than my usual pharmacy that's attached to my surgery, and been given Lival rather than Tibolone and reassuringly I don't think there's any difference.

The depressive/panic moments have almost completely gone - I can't remember when I last had one.  Headaches the same. Had the odd half hour tension headache that could be cause by work pressure TBH.

Weight stable, energy good, no change in hair or skin since last update. Wine less likely to cause issues but consumption pretty low. Libido on the up at the moment, more than last post. Hot flushes, nil.

Annoyance, knee joints particularly the left. It's almost like they're 'over mobile', to the point of hyper extension then almost giving way and pain at the back of the knee. Only happens at the most 2-3 times a day, and I'm wondering if I'm overdoing the excercise bike, but I'm not having any pain or discomfort when I'm actually exercising, so might see a physio for that.

The only other thing is I've suddenly become aware that I'm actually a 'grown up' with 'bags of experience', so much more than my work colleagues.  And I don't know whey I haven't thought this before. I also have a hankering to 'be creative', write a book or something when I haven't got a creative bone in my body...........wierd?  Is this another meno symptom?
S x

Annie0710

« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »

Brilliant update

Sounds like you've got your mojo back x

Pollyanna

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »

Sooze, it's so lovely to read your upbeat post.

That's given me some inspiration. I'm back on Tib and so I've probably only been on them for 3 weeks. Ha.... I've a long way to go.

Didn't look back at your previous posts but, how long would you say it took you to notice s positive difference?

The one thing I do like, already, is that I don't have the fluid retention I always had on patches.

X

Sooze

« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »

Pollyanna,
I actually started to feel 'different' after 3, maybe 4 days, probably because I hadn't been on any systemic HRT for over 4yrs.  Big changes kicked in within the 1st week with improved sleep, reduced flushes VA improving and libido coming back.

I'm not sure anyone else here has gone onto Tibolone without being on some other systemic HRT immediately before - I'm sure someone will chip in if they have, but I think my success is partly down to that. Yes I experienced various side effects, all of which have been temporary and I had no negative mood effects like I had with Femosten. Plus the libido improvement has been immense, so overall I feel that this is as close to perfect for me as it's possible to get.
S x

Hurdity

« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »

Sounds great Sooze - good news stories are always welcome  - now go and unleash that creativity!!

Hurdity x

Pollyanna

« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »

Yes, that's all really great Sooze.  Hurrah! 

Pollyanna

« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2017, 11:45:30 AM »

The interesting paradox with tibolon is that, I'm feeling energised....but also really exhausted.

Had tried taking things for sleep but I don't like the after affects.

I'm hoping that the sleep thing will improve, the longer I take them. My eyeballs are burning - I'm so 'tired but wired'. 😳

Does the ability to sleep more quickly, improve?

Please say it does.

Sooze

« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2017, 08:31:39 PM »

Pollyanna,
I can't say that I had any sleep problems ever, except dropping off when I tried taking Tibolone too late in the day - tired but wired could sum it up. What time are you taking it. If evening try switching to 12.00 -3.00pm. Works well for me.

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2017, 07:45:53 AM »

Snooze,

How bad was your VA prior to Tibolone?   

Sooze

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »

nicolcarrie70,
Totally shocking.  I was on Vagifem but even taking every night I still couldn't face the thought of sex as it didn't help externally, which was the main problem. Spontaneous splitting of the labial skin (what was left of the labia wasn't much TBH) was a constant problem.

The combination of Tibolone, and Ovestin (externally) is what solved my VA. I only use Vagifem 1-2 times/week now, whereas I use the ovestin almost every night (a very small amount does the trick).  It rejuvenated the labia and I can't remember when the skin last split.  I would also say that my pelvic floor feels 'more elastic' and supported too.
HTH,
Sx

Pollyanna

« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »

Hi everyone.

I guess I'm three weeks into Tibolone now.   Awaiting an appointment with meno clinic in Oxford.. can't come quickly enough.

Today I am literally exhausted but have terrible anxiety too.   It's definitely the medication.  I feel 'burned out' but not having done anything.   

I also have developed a very strange taste.   Metallic almost.   It's haha, like the taste I had when I was pregnant, 30  years ago. 

The dull ache in pelvis has gone now but I am so so tired, anxious but also a bit depressed too.   its' like, every emotion is coming out to play.   Oh, also brain fog today too. 

Obviously I'm noticing these things because they aren't normal for me, and are not a reaction to anything that might be going on in my life. 

renee

« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:03 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I'm on my 10th week of Tibolone, thought of stopping a few times but my doc keeps saying to stick it out another month etc.

My main menopausal symptoms were....joint and pelvic pain, low mood, vaginal dryness, low libido, dry flaky skin, dry eyes and little energy. Tibolone has helped with most of these awful symptoms and it has taken time but I'm now getting heightened anxiety and insomnia, oh and leg sweats. Also, I bled for 7 weeks on and off but thankfully I think that's finished with.

I do suffer from anxiety anyway and I also have an under active thyroid. When I do nap, it feels quiet an anxious sleep and I often waken with a sore neck and shoulders from being tense.

It really is trial and error on HRT isn't it...I used to think that when I reached my 40's my kids were grown and I'd be more career focused and go to lots of social gatherings, how wrong was I. I don't work now due to the anxiety an then going through quiet a bad menopause. I'm hardly out socially as I'm so tired and done in with it all.

Will we ever be back to our true selves....this should be our prime years xx

Pollyanna

« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2017, 08:51:18 AM »

Hello everyone

I've just finished my first month of Tibolone.

Jan Brockie from the John Radcliffe called me last week, and was able to offer me a cancellation appointment tomorrow which I'm grateful for.

I seem to be having strange dreams on this medication. Very disturbing. And I also feel as if I have a depression and brain fog.  Almost like im perceiving things in a negative way.
As I'm trained in counselling and psychology is my speciality, I know myself very well.  I'm insightful and have noticed this change to be related to taking Tibolone.

If I read research papers on it, they tend to highlight Tibolone as being the HRT that helps remove depression.  For me it seems to be causing it.

I feel as if I should consider taking an anti depressant if things don't improve, but then I'd be treating side effects, rather than an organic depression.

What a mess of confusion.

I live alone as well so, I don't exactly have family for support it distraction.

Anyone else get depressed on Tibolone?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14