Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Tibolone diary/experience  (Read 67099 times)

Annie0710

Re: Tibolone diary/experience
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »

I'm 2 years post too
I'll pluck up courage to see doc about the other problem then, then maybe, just maybe I can fully get my life back

So glad you have a success story Sooze xxx

Blakeygray

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »

Same here Sooze, day 130, week 18 and I'm still feeling  physically and mentally 20 years younger.

I'm waiting for my blood test results and should find out what levels various  hormones are at but the nurse  told me that my gp is happy for me to stay on Tibolone as long as I remain fit and healthy.

Anjia

« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »

I stopped tibelone a week ago now and went back to ellesste solo estrogen, feel so tired in the day because I just cant sleep at least with tibelone I slept well such a shame about the other side affects or I would have stuck with it.

Annie0710

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »

Try a phernergan tablet (antihistamine) every other night until you get back a sleep pattern

Tibolone gave me insomnia in the early weeks and phernergan worked a treat.  Take about 2-3 hours before your bedtime x

Anjia

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2017, 04:30:01 PM »

How are you all getting along with Tibelone I stopped 2 weeks ago because of dizzy spells feeling wretched at the moment back to estrogen only my hormones are all over the place wish It would have worked for me.

warwick01

« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2017, 04:42:33 PM »

Hi Anjia,

Really hoping things settle for you soon. This hormone business is rubbish >:(

With me - anxiety/mood have really improved better I've felt in years, however the dizziness, faint feeling I get during the day is still bothering me. I'm not sure what to do it is week 15 tomorrow. Still better than the first 2months when I had so many symptoms which I think were due to withdrawal from oestrogel after 7 years of continuas use. Now I think I'm experiencing side effects from Tibolone.

I see my Doctor Tue so will keep you updated.

Take Care Wx

Annie0710

« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2017, 05:56:30 PM »

Hi ladies

I don't know what's what with me at the moment.   The last week I've not been great BUT I've had loads of energy !

I'll start with pros;
Energy
Sexual response good
Sleep good
I'm sure new scalp hair is appearing

Cons;
Bad palpitations (really wondering whether it's general anxiety now :-( )
Still have social anxiety (pre Tib too)
Double vision gone berserk
Strange muscle spasms in left hand
Tingling in left arm and hand
Cramping in feet still (pre Tib too)
Some low mood but very up and down

I'm not sure if something else is going on with me or it's hormonal.  At the moment during this I'm taking a Tibolone every other night .  Oh yes and my ear problem is playing up too (now 12 weeks since both drums burst), vibrating tinnitus in right one and the pressure sensations in neck and both ears still, I'm continuing to pop them as and when needed

I need euthanising I think x
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:47:42 PM by Annie0710 »

warwick01

« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »

Hi Annie,

You were doing so well a few weeks ago. Funny what you say about your ears, I too have had strange fullness in my ears along with dizziness ::)

Really fed up today, I'm sure hubby is too :( libido is worse than pre Tibolone and to top it all we are due to go away next week.

Take Care Wx

Sooze

« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2017, 06:37:45 PM »

Annie,
Taking every other night is probably giving you extremely peaks and troughs - have you tried ½ tab every day? This would even things out more I would think.

Re cramps, are you keeping well hydrated?  Always find I'm more likely to have cramps when I drop my fluid intake.

HTH

Annie0710

« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »

How would I break the tablet ? Does it have a line through it ? I can't remember lol

I'm not sure about these palpitations (it's not a new symptom, been plagued through meno but it's strong this last week) so wasn't sure if it's anxiety ? Ears I think are ongoing from my eardrums bursting

Cramps - could be to do with hydration or potassium so I've been increasing fluid intake and by drinking coconut water

I can't really pinpoint what's what but I have really embraced this energy, my idea was to clean through the palpitations to make them less noticeable and although I've been tired I've also had energy.  It's just that when I do too much (for me, which isn't a lot) my back goes and I have to rest it x

Sooze

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »

I haven't been around too much recently but thought I'd pop in to give a month 9 update.

Not made any major changes to my regime, Tibilone taken between 2.30-3.30pm, Vagifem only 1-2 times per week now and Ovestin externally 3-4 times per week, with a smaller amount (tube lasting around 4 months rather than 3).

Still massively better than I was pre T. Energy excellent, exercising 3-4 times/week, and sleeping brilliantly. Occasionally slightly warm on waking, but I couldn't call it a hot flush as such, and no hot flushes at other times.

Libido, some slight peaks & troughs - what I would call 'pretty normal', more peaks than troughs too!

Still get the odd episode of 'depressive/panic moments', but they do pass quickly. They seem to occur mostly just before bed, and I can now rationalise them quite well and get through them.

Diet seems to effect everything.  White wine is still a bit hit and miss and can give me hangover symptoms even after 1 glass, but not always. 

I'd never has the 'wobbly' feelings that some of you mention until last month. This was while in London on holidays and ate more meat than usual (was Veggie for 25yrs and fell off the wagon 5yrs ago).  At home we're Veggie apart from maybe 2 meals/week and that's mostly fish. I'm not sure if there is a link or not but since coming back home I've not had the feeling again.

Weight hasn't dropped further, but I'm looking and feeling more toned so I'm not unhappy about that.

Skin & hair OK. No increase in body/facial hair since last update.

Joints on the whole better. Occasional lower backache- as I used to get pre meno which was linked to my cycles.

Oh and one other thing ....sass.  I've got my sass back, plus my sense of humour seems to have returned.  I seem to find more things funny rather than irritating.

So still really positive for me.

Annie0710

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2017, 11:47:19 AM »

Excellent Sooze !

Please keep popping back to update to help others.  Even if it's "see above, still the same!" Lol xxx

Pollyanna

Transitioning from oestrogen patches, to Tibolone.
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2017, 06:24:00 PM »

Only Day 2 and I'm so bloated and uncomfortable with fluid retention.  Can't be weight gain after only 2 days!     My GP had suggested that after stopping patches, I wait only a day before starting Tib.   

I was wondering how long the oestrogen is stored in the body and perhaps this is why I'm so swollen.  I look pregnant. 

Anyone have similar experience?   

:)

Anjia

« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »

Yes this happened to me Pollyanna I put a few pounds on in a matter of weeks ! I also had terrible dizzy spells and muscle aches the only good thing was it helped with anxiety which I loved and libido was much better but I could not stand being dizzy I have an active lifestyle and piling the pounds on was awful.I must say though some ladies on here are doing fine on it I was gutted it dident work .

Pollyanna

« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »

Hi Anjia

Oh... what a shame.  I've never experienced this before. I'm tempted to cut the pill in half to see what that does.

I've had a tiny amount of supper but feel so full.

Iv no idea how long it takes to feel the benefits. It may be that I'm getting this because I've been on oestrogen (only) for so long.

Feeling dispirited right now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14