Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: discomfort...  (Read 3681 times)

misskh

discomfort...
« on: November 01, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »

Knew it wouldnt last!  >:(

Just inserted a vagifem....and now I'm so stingy and keep rushing off to the loo...

All the trappings of a UTI...I've took some Potassium Citrate mixture in a glass of water to see if things ease.
Can't believe just inserting the darn thing causes this every now and then :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: discomfort...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »

May it be the 'wrong' preparation for you, if you get this reaction you may not be using it often enough????  I have no problems with Ovestin1mg.

misskh

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »

Could it be that the applicator needs a touch of lube?
I normally insert 2 a week...Monday and Thursday.....but so much was going on I forgot to do it last week.
Should I do it more often than twice a week? Maybe have a reload for 7 days?

I used to use a cream inserted via an applicator..... It was in a large tube had a name begining with a G which for the life of me I forget now, but the Dr stopped it and gave me Replense to try....didnt work so I stopped all together for some years until a new Dr gave me Vagifem.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »

Hi misskh

Yes it was Gynest cream. It was discontinued and re-introduced as generic estriol cream at the same concentration - so you can still get it, as well as Ovestin which uses a smaller amount as it is more concentrated. If you would prefer to use a cream then you can ask your doc to change back? Some women have Vagifem and estriol/Ovestin (like me) - using the Vagifem internally and the cream on outer areas. Yes you really need to keep using it regularly and even then twice a week may be insufficient. Yes good idea to do a 7 day re-load. Some women on here use moisturisers as well on days they don't use Vagifem - (Sylk, Yes, Replens, Hyalofemme)- but I've never used these - there are lots of posts where they are mentioned. Topical oestrogen is needed for ever otherwise as you have found, VA returns - but sadly not all GPs are aware of this.

Hurdity x

misskh

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »

Thanks Hurdity....
yes...it was called Gynest..... that applicator seemed huge...

I'll have a search through and see what info I can find out about other lubs....I've got one called Sylk but don't use it on a regular basis....