Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi I'm new and terrified  (Read 2748 times)

Burchers

Hi I'm new and terrified
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:41:42 PM »

Hi started the patches yesterday plus vaginal moisturiser and a oestrogen cream pessary.
I'm 45 since having a hystoscopy and DNC in June I have stopped my periods. I have suffered with very heavy ones plus hot flushes, vaginal dryness, constant infections and feeling like something out of balance. I have had serious anxiety since July so my gp says I'm on the menopause. I'm so scared of this treatment making me ill. I suffer with colitis to and I take a lot of medication

flutterby

Re: Hi I'm new and terrified
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:13 PM »

Hi Burchers  :welcomemm:
Although you obviously can get side effects from the HRT it is not a for gone conclusion. I used HRT for 16 years and it didn't make me ill. I was on oral to begin with and then patches which I preferred. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works for you. Flutterbyx

Burchers

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 06:16:04 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

Dana

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:39:46 AM »

Hi Burchers

Welcome to the "wonderful" world of menopause and HRT. It's fun isn't it...lol...

Hopefully you will find your problems settling very quickly now that you're on HRT. It has literally been a life saver for me.

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:23:15 AM »

Hi.....I also have the vaginal issues. I have been on HRT almost a year now , it has helped a lot ( still room for improvement) give it time , it can take a while to work especially in the vaginal area.

Don't " look" for it causing issues , remember our bodies are heading for shutdown regards our hormones , we go on HRT and we are sent back to our,younger years and it can be a shock whilst our bodies readjust to the hormones.

If possible have a good brisk walk everyday this helps anxiety.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »

Hi again Burchers - I have responded to you on the other thread but I wanted to reassure you again that you have been given the right treatment.  My sister has colitis and I believe HRT can often help this - HRT can improve the immune system and calm the digestive system, especially when taken as patches. I think you should relax, enjoy the hormones doing their magic and I bet you feel better in a few weeks - you will get your life back.  Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 12:33:42 PM »

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away …….. what are you terrified about?

There are various HRT routes that can ease some symptoms, if necessary anti-depressant medication as well as treatment for anxiety.  Some ladies find that Yoga helps, brisk walking, swimming ……. Rescue Remedy can be useful too.

Some find it helpful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.

Burchers

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 12:44:05 PM »

Thank you you making me feel better.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »

You're very welcome! 

Burchers

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »

I'm scared if the HRT going to make me feel worse

linz57

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »

Hi Burchers and welcome.
I too was initially nervous about staring hrt ( 2 years ago) but it has been great on the whole.
Once everything settles down I'm sure you'll feel much better, my digestive issues really calmed down a hell of a lot and I was able to come off my Omeprazole.
All you can do is give it a go for a few months to see how it goes and if the first lot doesn't suit then you can always try another. Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:46:39 AM by linz57 »

Dana

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 12:35:48 AM »

Burchers - it's unlikely to make you feel "worse". Some women don't get on that well with some progesterones (and I'm assuming you are taking some kind of progesterone), but if this one doesn't suit you, then there are many more options you can try. HRT can be a bit of trial and error for some women, but then other women stay on the one they start out with for years and years with no problems. Try not to look for negatives before they even happen.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »

Oh I understand that.  I would worry if food would make me feel sicker; I would worry if medication could make me sicker ….  :'(